General oh you little bast*rd!!!

Currently reading:
General oh you little bast*rd!!!

Luke1985 said:
Only problem with it that ive found is the knuckle joint sits lower than the ARB, so its then the lowest point of the car - and not something you want to knock all the time (n)

That is unless ive fitted that bit upside down (but the way it came) :confused:
Can't say thats a probelm on mine as its def not lower than the anti roll bar, its sits no lower than the flexi pipe that was on it. And I have to drive over those horrible rubber speed bumps things that are a fire favorite of hitting anything on the bottom of your car.

J333EVO said:
Can't say thats a probelm on mine as its def not lower than the anti roll bar, its sits no lower than the flexi pipe that was on it. And I have to drive over those horrible rubber speed bumps things that are a fire favorite of hitting anything on the bottom of your car.

Weird, mine sits a good 2cm odd lower than the arb and is the first thing to ground out with me. Mind, all my mounts were a bit worn and system was fitted and aligned with a knackered gearbox mount which didnt help.

Just never thought much of it, thought that was the design, as teh knuckle part goes lower then back up again into the first silencer.

Bad luck Mase :( The exact same thing happened to me one week before Xmas when I was broke from buying pressies for everyone so I ended up spending my bonus money on a powerflow system. Hope you get something sorted soon - but in the meantime, does it sound good? And if the cat's in place, your system might well still be legal ;)

That section just before the back box looks slightly restrictive... :D
H

GhostWKD said:
no it wasnt, not if its my old one anyway :p

ahhh, i didnt think janspeed did mild steel back boxes.... that would explain all the rust tho :chin:

hmallett said:
That section just before the back box looks slightly restrictive... :D

LOL, thats the cause (in my opinion) of all the trouble, it isnt a standard mid-section, its just a straight piece of pipe, which doesnt fit properly :bang:

mase said:
ahhh, i didnt think janspeed did mild steel back boxes.... that would explain all the rust tho :chin:

LOL, thats the cause (in my opinion) of all the trouble, it isnt a standard mid-section, its just a straight piece of pipe, which doesnt fit properly :bang:

He's on about the 250 deg bend before backbox ;)

Its a janspeed mild steel backbox and a powerflow centre pipe which was made a smidgeon too short :rolleyes: (n)

mase said:

yeah they do.TBH i wouldnt buy janspeed as i got one from them not long before the liquidation/management buyout. turns out they had been using super cheap steel so it rotted in about 10 months and because it was technically a different company the were not honouring warrenty claims.
pissed me off i can tell ye.

no experience off them now but i just wouldnt

GhostWKD said:
He's on about the 250 deg bend before backbox ;)

Its a janspeed mild steel backbox and a powerflow centre pipe which was made a smidgeon too short :rolleyes: (n)

lol..... wasnt keepin up, been a long day.

ahhhh right, makes sence then, i didnt think they got it quite right as its slipped apart more than once :eek:

in a perfect world i kno wat i want done.. but it costs about £400, so it looks like im goin to have to go for a standard exhaust for now, then save up for a decent back box again :bang:

should be fixed tomorrow afternoon.

mase said:
lol..... wasnt keepin up, been a long day.

ahhhh right, makes sence then, i didnt think they got it quite right as its slipped apart more than once :eek:

in a perfect world i kno wat i want done.. but it costs about £400, so it looks like im goin to have to go for a standard exhaust for now, then save up for a decent back box again :bang:

should be fixed tomorrow afternoon.

Get a aftermarket one dude, or speak to alex about the exhaust off his yellow 1 as temp measure? :p

Yeah, hence the sleve over the join when you/jamie got the car :p

Was because i fitted a reducer to fit lora's std system to my downpipe on yellow 1 (after mine fell apart :eek: ), then left it on when went powerflow, then when exhaust fell apart after 1242ing it pushed reducer into downpipe/cat (or was it into exhaust cant remember) which meant the centre pipe was no longer a good fit, got round it with said sleeve over join :p

GhostWKD said:
Yeah, hence the sleve over the join when you/jamie got the car :p

Was because i fitted a reducer to fit lora's std system to my downpipe on yellow 1 (after mine fell apart :eek: ), then left it on when went powerflow, then when exhaust fell apart after 1242ing it pushed reducer into downpipe/cat (or was it into exhaust cant remember) which meant the centre pipe was no longer a good fit, got round it with said sleeve over join :p

ahhhh, well i think that sleeve is long gone then mate, as its been giving me grief for a while.....

i will see wat i can com up with then, as cant be without a car as i have no other way of gettin into work at 6am lol.

ill keep u all posted :D

Back