Styling Oh no! Little crease on my bonnet!

Currently reading:
Styling Oh no! Little crease on my bonnet!

Damo

Can't believe it.

Was washing my car today and removing the tree zap from the wing (which seems to more or less have gone now) and noticed a small 2" shallow dent/crease near the bottom left of the bonnet. There are no scratches on the dent.

I'm totally gutted. I've been going out of my way to protect my car and now find this...anyway, can dings like this be removed so they cannot be noticed or shall I forget about it?

;)

2001 Seicento Sporting Micheal Schumacher Ltd Edtion

Are they normally filled or beaten[:0] out?

I'll leave it till Summer either way as I'm skint now.

Gotta be filled. As soon as metal is dented, its stretched. If you bang it out then it won't be as it was, so filling is the only way.

Sometimes dents are just the metal pushed in, and this can be popped out, but this usually occurs on large areas of thin metal. I wouldn't have thought this possible on the bonnet, but i guess you know whether its pushed in or dented. Good luck :)

Another day...another problem...

Cant you see if a Dent Devil company can press it back out? i thought about doing this with all my dents before i chose to re-spary it.. im sure its about 70 per car panel, so it might be cheaper if its just one dent. look on the net, on google or somewhere,, theres quite a few places that do it.. as far as i know as long as the dent is shallow enough they are able to push it back out without leaving any trace.. correct me if im wrong?!

fABULOUS, fEMALE aND tOTALLY fLIPPED

Cheers Hippycinq I do hope you are right.

I'm really annoyed with myself as I slipped whilst walking to my car the other day and I think my elbow may have hit the bonnet there:( (I slid down the wing....it was icy, I wasn't drunk!)

Its only a few centimetres from the normal creases down the sides of the bonnet so I'm not sure if it will make it more difficult to remove also the middle bit of the dent does seem to have a faint line in it.

Theres a reputable body shop in town I may nip there next week/weekend for an idea. I can't afford to get it done yet though.

There was a scratch on the bumper and tailgate when I got it I suppose I could see if that could be sorted too.

Well its not sounding good. The bodyshop wouldn't really entertain it as its minor and wanted £188 for labour alone to spray a bonnet!!

Phoned Dent Wizard and they aren't so sure as a) its a bit inaccessible b) I said they may be a fine scratch in the paintwork so they don't really wanna touch it. She gave me the number of the local rep. as he may have a better idea.

I've just spoken to ChipsAway and they have a local chap that may have a better idea but I haven't spoke to him and he was 1/2 the price of Dent Wizard to. I've a feeling I won't be able to get it sorted and whilst it really pi$$es me off it really is'nt that noticable.

I will see.

YAY!

Got my bonnet sorted today. £40! A very nice chap managed to massage the main dent out and 2 smaller ones I hadn't noticed.

Very very pleased now.

However think a trip to Fiat is in order as there has been some discolouration on the bottom left corner of the bonnet. Its shiny but looks a bit more orange than red!

Just PM'd you mate!

Don't wanna post a mobile number on here. He works locally around the Fylde if that means anything to anyone:D

if its only a small dent then use a Paintless Dent Removal person from the yellow pages, they normally come to your house aswel.

whos is the little red fiat?

Yep twas that what he did!?!?!....er...its been a looooong day but yeah he was a paintless dent removal chappie.;)

He works locally around the Fylde if that means anything to anyone.

Yeah means sommert to me, I'm from the Fylde too. Though I am at Lancaster Uni atm, but in the Fylde College Residences.

GeX

Well fair point...It contains words Fylde..suppose its a fairly big area, given thats upto Blackpool!!

Arse

Faded red anyone?

Yeah but you will be amazed at how many people at the uni don't believe a place called "The Fylde" exists. They think the whole are around there is called Blackpool.
Anywhoo kinda off topic now.

GeX
"Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian"

Back