Technical Oh no! immobilizer light

Currently reading:
Technical Oh no! immobilizer light

Pepandaros

So this morning just after starting the engine the immobiliser light came on, as I wasn't sure of course if it would ever start again I switched off the engine and tried again when still parked on my driveway. It fired up right away and the warning light went out. Did my usual 66 mile commute today and no problem whatsoever.
Any ideas of what could this mean please? Perhaps just a glitch as it's an older car or is my (only) key getting tired... :unsure:

fingers crossed it will just be a glitch

not seen one for a few years but it did use to be quite common occurrence.

while you have a working key it worth getting a clone made. Its both cheap and a trivel job. Where as without a working key it expensive and hard to find someone to even do it

fingers crossed it will just be a glitch

not seen one for a few years but it did use to be quite common occurrence.

while you have a working key it worth getting a clone made. Its both cheap and a trivel job. Where as without a working key it expensive and hard to find someone to even do it
Yes I was considering it already, now I will defo getting a copy made just to be sure!

Sometimes my Panda did this when I waited too long to turn the key in the start position.
Never had it on the Abarth yet.

gr J
Funnily I do this all the time, I wait a couple of seconds listening for the fuel pump to prime then actually turn it full to start the engine.
Dank je wel for bringing this up!

My girlfriends 100hp has done it a few times.

Tends to be when the battery is getting a bit tired, the voltage drops too much on startup and causes it to flag up the light.

I would check all your battery connections as a first port of call.
If it still plays up, consider replacing the battery.

Back