Oh dear...

Currently reading:
Oh dear...

...that can't be right. Certainly didn't smell right!

500_fireball.jpg

Noooooo...............................:eek:

Is this the Soundstream Paul?

Yep, the 500 I got last week. Arrived today, disconnected the 604, wired up the 500, powered up and instantly heard a cracking / popping noise. Whipped the faceplace off the HU for instant power off, returned to the boot to see thick orange smoke pouring out of it!!!

It's sat next to me now and it stinks!

I'm gutted as it was the perfect pairing for the 604 and now I'm in limbo for going active again.

what sort of amp are you after? i've got a couple i'm selling that have sat in my garage for the past year, pm me

what sort of amp are you after? i've got a couple i'm selling that have sat in my garage for the past year, pm me

If you got anything to sell, it should be in the classifieds please :)

Hmm....a cap or two have blown have they Paul? It should be fixable, although is this the first time you powered it up?

It should be fixable, although is this the first time you powered it up?

It was

The guy has offered me a full refund which is good, I CBA going through the hassle of getting it fixed. I've got another amp lined up....

Rub_1002_panel.jpg

It's (another) Soundstream, this time a Rubicon 1002 - a meager 1000wrms at 2 or 4ohm bridged at 14.4v.

It was

The guy has offered me a full refund which is good, I CBA going through the hassle of getting it fixed. I've got another amp lined up....

Rub_1002_panel.jpg

It's (another) Soundstream, this time a Rubicon 1002 - a meager 1000wrms at 2 or 4ohm bridged at 14.4v.

Sweeeeet (y)

Back