General Oh Dear your not going to like this

Currently reading:
General Oh Dear your not going to like this

But how can they use the name (I can see similarities in the shape) unless its under some form of licence? I can tell you they don't have manufacturing facilities as far as I am aware, but probably assemble Chinese made parts. The Chinese are all over Sri Lanka bribing officials and stealing the resources, sorry I mean trade agreements are in place.

It's Sri Lanka ....take me to court. China gets away with it.

How much is this car and is it being sold in euro land??....you could get your answer there.

Spot on - it's a Geely Panda put together from a kit in Sri Lanka. Geely is Chinese, and I think all the manufacturers have given up suing them. It gets to court and they say no it's not a copy go away (not an exact translation! ;) ).

Spot on - it's a Geely Panda put together from a kit in Sri Lanka. Geely is Chinese, and I think all the manufacturers have given up suing them. It gets to court and they say no it's not a copy go away (not an exact translation! ;) ).
And these are the people (Chinese, not Geely I mean) that we are going to have building out telecomms, infrastructure and nuclear power stations in future?
It's what you get when you let kids run the country.
Naievty.

And these are the people (Chinese, not Geely I mean) that we are going to have building out telecomms, infrastructure and nuclear power stations in future?
It's what you get when you let kids run the country.
Naievty.

Someone's running it??!!!!!??!! :eek:

Maybe 8 year olds should have a go - can't be any worse & I bet they'd fix the potholes....... :rolleyes:

Someone's running it??!!!!!??!! :eek:

The more I learn about government in this country, I find that someone is being paid to run it -- i.e. government has been outsourced... -- but neither the client or the outsourcing company really know what they're doing.... :bang:

Off to fight more Vogons.... :mad:

Last edited:
As for the drive on the same side, what they actually do is drive at random tooting constantly which achieves nothing of value
On some occasions whilst travelling in India I have lain on the floor of the taxi behind the front seats because I no longer dared see where we were going. I figured that with a driver who clearly thought that if we crashed due to his incompetence it was just fate or God's will, in the absence of any seat belts I would be safer as close to the ground as possible.
We can debate the logic of that another time!

On some occasions whilst travelling in India I have lain on the floor of the taxi behind the front seats because I no longer dared see where we were going. I figured that with a driver who clearly thought that if we crashed due to his incompetence it was just fate or God's will, in the absence of any seat belts I would be safer as close to the ground as possible.
We can debate the logic of that another time!

lol I really must gain some of your wisdom. I choose the tuk tuk lean out of the open sides route of fascination at the way they drive.

Back