Technical Odometer flashing + Questions

Currently reading:
Technical Odometer flashing + Questions

cap300

I'm already aware there are some threads on this already, but I didn't want to dig a lot of them up to ask some questions/concerns I have. :(

So come today, Noticed that my odometer was flashing as I started my car up (Had it for a few months now). At first I just assumed this was maybe because it was close to having a service which I checked and still has 6000+ Miles to go.

So I googled it and first result was of it being an issue with Blue&Me as something to do with it was throwing an error and it would need a proxy alignment? or as some people have done, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and re-connect.

So i've come here now to ask a few questions;
- If I disconnect the battery and re-connect, and it does fix the issue. Will it damage the Blue&Me or anythinf else (Assuming it's perfectly fine and just a random error its thrown?)

- With this problem now showing, I notice when I go and press 'CD' instead of saying no source available (No USB plugged in at the moment and no CD in the player) It now gives me 'AUX' option which it never gave me before (As Blue&Me systems don't support aux?)

- I had a USB in the USB slot yesterday which I play music from, and as I closed the glovebox shut quite firmly forgetting it was plugged in (The usb sticks out slightly) It had knocked the USB out. (Could this of damaged the USB slot and damaged some components around that area and that's why its now got a flashing odometer?

I'm already aware there are some threads on this already, but I didn't want to dig a lot of them up to ask some questions/concerns I have. :(

So come today, Noticed that my odometer was flashing as I started my car up (Had it for a few months now). At first I just assumed this was maybe because it was close to having a service which I checked and still has 6000+ Miles to go.

So I googled it and first result was of it being an issue with Blue&Me as something to do with it was throwing an error and it would need a proxy alignment? or as some people have done, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and re-connect.

So i've come here now to ask a few questions;
- If I disconnect the battery and re-connect, and it does fix the issue. Will it damage the Blue&Me or anythinf else (Assuming it's perfectly fine and just a random error its thrown?)

- Even if it doesn't fix the issue, Will driving the car damage anything to do with the Blue&Me/or anything :/?

- With this problem now showing, I notice when I go and press 'CD' instead of saying no source available (No USB plugged in at the moment and no CD in the player) It now gives me 'AUX' option which it never gave me before (As Blue&Me systems don't support aux?)

- I had a USB in the USB slot yesterday which I play music from, and as I closed the glovebox shut quite firmly forgetting it was plugged in (The usb sticks out slightly) It had knocked the USB out. (Could this of damaged the USB slot and damaged some components around that area and that's why its now got a flashing odometer?

Bump? I still could do with some answers please.

Yes, you are correct with proxy alignment. The system needs setting back up as it doesn't understand the devices on the CAN bus. I presume it's showing aux because it isn't able to understand what is on the can bus so is showing you all the possible options.
It's unlikely to fix it by taking the battery off. It won't do any harm besides resetting the volitile memory's. Could be you've broken the connector and it's not connected , I would inspect the connector and if required repair it. But will most likely need to run the proxy alignment procedure. This can be done with MES if you have it. Requires the pro licence

Yes, you are correct with proxy alignment. The system needs setting back up as it doesn't understand the devices on the CAN bus. I presume it's showing aux because it isn't able to understand what is on the can bus so is showing you all the possible options.
It's unlikely to fix it by taking the battery off. It won't do any harm besides resetting the volitile memory's. Could be you've broken the connector and it's not connected , I would inspect the connector and if required repair it. But will most likely need to run the proxy alignment procedure. This can be done with MES if you have it. Requires the pro licence
Ok great stuff, When you say connector, I assume you mean the USB connector slot? If this was broke, is that why you reckon the whole things gone kaput and stopped working?

Sounds silly, but I don't even use the Blue&Me, I'd much take a aux cable option over it (And install one) But if I set it back up with proxy alignment (That hopefully will fix the flashing odometer) is it even possible to make the USB slots work again (For phone charging) And have AUX input on CD button? <- if any of that makes sense

I'd probably guess not but i'm really not familiar with any of this as you can tell.

In theory if the USB connector was broken or shorting out etc. Should be enough to confuse blue and me. I'd start with the proxy alignment and go from there.

You could make the usb charge but would require some manual wiring and circuitary. Not sure how confident in this area you are?

About the aux I have no idea to be honest if blue and me would let you. ?

Back