Technical OBD location on Ducati 2.8JTD -2001

Currently reading:
Technical OBD location on Ducati 2.8JTD -2001

Ducato being van based OBD came in late, so I suspect you have this small non OBD port.

Attachments

• DSCF0451.JPG
    DSCF0451.JPG
    457.1 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: ben
Not a very good photo
Sorry , I am looking at it on a full size computer screen and can see it clearly. Basically if it's OBD it is to the right of the steering wheel , lower dash area or just behind. I suspect yours is the earlier version so is probably the small three pin? socket in the engine compartment so will need a special adaptor. If using fiat multiscan they probably do an adaptor to suit.

Sorry , I am looking at it on a full size computer screen and can see it clearly. Basically if it's OBD it is to the right of the steering wheel , lower dash area or just behind. I suspect yours is the earlier version so is probably the small three pin? socket in the engine compartment so will need a special adaptor. If using fiat multiscan they probably do an adaptor to suit.
Thanks for your feedback it will help

Many FIAT commercials didnt adopt OBD2 Until 2004..

The 3 pin has very limited functionality..

What are you attempting to 'diagnose'?
My injector light is on also my airbag light and I can’t operate my electric left window from the drivers side many thanks for your reply

Basic OBD is cheap.. (@£20)

But .. you need the OBD2 Socket.. or you only have limited scope

For your window issue..

Check the wiring loom at the drivers door hinge :)
As varesecrazy, OBD tool cheap but unless it fits your other vehicles a bit pointless.
Re the window, wiring failure at door hinges is common on lots of vehicles, a possible test could be operate the switch at the same time some one moves the doors to see if you get a reaction.
On a Citroen Pluriel I took the switches apart and sprayed them with switch cleaner which cured it, but only do it if you are prepared for a load of pieces springing apart and having top buy a new switch any way;)

I have repaired hinge wiring before by splicing in replacement sections where it's damaged. You should be careful to match the wire gauge and insulate the splices with heat shrink sleeving so they don't short. It's best not to locate the splices where the wire bends but in a few inches either side where there is no bending.

You can buy wire with silicone insulation, which is made up of a high number of very fine strand of copper. The wire is very flexible and has a good temperature range so it's less likely to break.

Sorry I can't help with the OBD thing but I would be interested in learning more from the other contributers.
Ducato being van based OBD came in late, so I suspect you have this small non OBD port

The 3 pin has very limited functionality
What does this little 3 pin port do?

(I've come across it in my van,on the loom to the thermostat housing. My van is the 2.8 TDI and has no ECU)

Regards

I have repaired hinge wiring before by splicing in replacement sections where it's damaged. You should be careful to match the wire gauge and insulate the splices with heat shrink sleeving so they don't short. It's best not to locate the splices where the wire bends but in a few inches either side where there is no bending.

You can buy wire with silicone insulation, which is made up of a high number of very fine strand of copper. The wire is very flexible and has a good temperature range so it's less likely to break.

Sorry I can't help with the OBD thing but I would be interested in learning more from the other contributers.

What does this little 3 pin port do?

(I've come across it in my van,on the loom to the thermostat housing. My van is the 2.8 TDI and has no ECU)

Regards
I wish I had my old pre ECU Iveco Dailys and the 1998 Ducato Maxi 120Hp , much less hassle , sorry no knowledge re the 3 pin port.

I wish I had my old pre ECU Iveco Dailys and the 1998 Ducato Maxi 120Hp , much less hassle , sorry no knowledge re the 3 pin port.
No worries, I wasn't looking to do anything with it, just curious.

As an aside, I wondered if it was something to do with the fuel pump. A VW I had of about the same vintage had no ECU, just the Bosch fuel pump, but it had quite a fancy bit of electronics housed in a relay case. I believe it was a electronic cold start function, to replace the previous cable operated one. That and the ABS control are the only electronics I think would be possible to 'communicate' with, as it were, on this vintage.

My injector light is on also my airbag light and I can’t operate my electric left window from the drivers side many thanks for your reply

Have you tried looking in the workshop manual. the code for JTD is x244, there is a resource called eLearn but I'm afraid I don't know enough about that to guide you. Maybe it has a section on fault diagnosis?

Back