Nuts...

Currently reading:
Nuts...

Alex

Now hacking in PHP
And bolts.

Right... I'm on a fact finding mission today, so...

Where can I find information bout standard M size nuts, bolts and washers? I've looked on google, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for... so if you know please tell me.

Thanks

what size in mm the hexagonal side is for each M number, and what the internal bore size is, and the thread width... Just don't ask why.

Thanks paul , How long until you get home, best get going? :D

haha, nice idea but a few problems:

They are in Paris right now
It would rely on me knowing exactly where the folder is
It would require her to go into the loft
I might have incorrectly remembered, but I am sure we had a sheet explaining everything about bolts.

I think I have all the sheets on CD but that's also in the folder (we had a brill systems teacher)

I'm perfecting (or learning) my CAD skills, so I thought I'd do something simple by creating a steel wheel from a road car, in order to get to grips with it. It turns I'm not much good with CAD, so I'd better keep practicing, because I want to model some more complex objects... like an actual car.

Once I've finished the wheel. I'm going to start on the hub, which requires 4 studs hence the ISO thread info etc... I was going to do the tyre... but that wasn't going to be much of a challenge.

Any way eventually I want to have the bodyshell, and major chassis components modelled. But I could be here a while... which isn't that bad. The only problem is that I don't actually have a car to take measurements from, so I'm working from the ford workshop manual, the haynes manual. I'm going to have to start buying one of everything soon to measure stuff! Soon I'll have half a car! Oh an the anoying thing is that the workshop manual doesn't refer to the 3dr version of the car, only the 5dr which is more anoying...

I've been planning the modifications to my next car for well over a year now... and to make sure everything is going to work, and I know how stuff is going to fit together I want to have it drawn out. I've managed to find suppliers for many of the mechanical parts, as well as body pannels. I'm going to keep planning until I can afford to start it. And judging by my projected cost (a lot) probably not going to have sufficient funds until next summer, and then its going to take a few years to finish.. and then I'll probably crash it!

I'll probably get bored after a few weeks of not being able to get things to look right.

You could be here for a very long time....

Is it 2D (AutoCAD) or 3D (Solidworks / Pro Engineer)?

Oh...its not exactly modelling is it? That would mean subjecting it to loads etc...So that means FEA Software, which can be fun ;)

Back