General Nuts To The Dealer

Currently reading:
General Nuts To The Dealer

Is it worth complaining about nuts like these under warranty.

If all they are gonna do is polish them with a grinder I'd rather do it myself with some Autosol.

Anyone know if they would change them or not.

100_0737.jpg

you won't polish tehm with autosol, they are rusty, claim on warranty i think someone else on here has before. They'll replace them, to the disgrace of Mr Vickers and then buy some chrome wheel nut covers off ebay there about £15 i think.

Last edited:
you won't polish tehm with autosol, they are rusty, claim on warranty i think someone else on here has before. They'll replace them, to the disgrace of Mr Vickers and then buy some chrome wheel nut covers off ebay there about £15 i think.

Cool will get them changed. Gonna have a moan about the filler cap lead as well. it's perished and snapped in two:bang:

My fuel cap lead will do that soon too as the missus keeps trapping it in the flap.

Mine have gone the same as well, which is really annoying, ive been to different places to get covers, couldnt find any, I will have to try the ones off E-Bay.

Look at my other post with the pictures I have put up of my 'nuts' (no pun intended) decided to just sort it out myself quickly and cheaply. Quite impressed with the results.

Today I complained to my dealer (Desira Norwich) about my nuts going rusty (even the locking wheel nuts):(. They claimed that I was the first customer to have ever moaned about this! Initially they wanted me to take my GPS in to them first thing tomorrow, so they could take photographs. I agreed - then pointed them to this thread. Here's what I received from Desira Norwich just 1 hour after that:

Hi Mr ****

I have spoken to the Fiat head office and they have agreed to replace they wheels nuts on your vehicle depending on the mileage, please could you let me know the mileage of the vehicle so I can confirm this with them. They have said they we don’t need to take photos of these so can we also provisionally book the vehicle in for next Wednesday 19th for the wheel nuts to be replaced depending on the mileage

Kind regards

The car has done just 9913 miles, garaged every night & loved & washed whenever it is/was dirty. RESULT(y) The power of the internet...

Last edited:
RESULT(y) The power of the internet...

Not really- they would have spoken to Fiat whether you mentioned this site or not (and at the moment Fiat are really focusing on customer satisfaction).

And by the way- Reception staff rarely read here. If you'd spoken to a Tech or DET they'd have known what you were talking about regarding this thread.

(y)

Last edited:
Sorry to re-raise this but since the winter salting / whatever they put on the roads around Shropshire now I have got the dreaded "rusty nuts"!

I noticed TJVickers mentioned in the Thread but not anything that says they will swap the wheelbolts, and any new ones would prob go the same way. The plastic bolt covers seem a good idea (maybe AFTER I clean them up and apply some protection). E-Bay search will happen. Anyone have any better ideas?

Last edited:
Sorry to re-raise this but since the winter salting / whatever they put on the roads around Shropshire now I have got the dreaded "rusty nuts"!

I noticed TJVickers mentioned in the Thread but not anything that says they will swap the wheelbolts, and any new ones would prob go the same way. The plastic bolt covers seem a good idea (maybe AFTER I clean them up and apply some protection). E-Bay search will happen. Anyone have any better ideas?

Nope not unless you want to get them annodised or chromed ;)(sp? :bang:).

Nut covers should be standard tbh.

I know your getting on a bit but rusty nuts? :confused: :rolleyes:

Back