General Nut Bolts

Currently reading:
General Nut Bolts

narked

Hey guys I imported a grande punto from the UK and after it arrived to Malta I noticed that all the stuff at the back was stolen.

i.e. wheel, car-jack, the thing to unscrew bolts and nut, etc etc.

there is one a lead thing with a circular end and a screw end which i dont see the use of :/.

I have no idea of what to do especially about the nut thingy.

Are there are codes for them to know which one to purchase and so on?

Hey guys I imported a grande punto from the UK and after it arrived to Malta I noticed that all the stuff at the back was stolen.

i.e. wheel, car-jack, the thing to unscrew bolts and nut, etc etc.

there is one a lead thing with a circular end and a screw end which i dont see the use of :/.

I have no idea of what to do especially about the nut thingy.

Are there are codes for them to know which one to purchase and so on?

Hi narked... Welcome to the Fiat Forum.

I dont think you have had anything stolen, dependant on the model you have you may have no spare wheel, jack, wheel spanner etc. They come new with an electric pump with a tin of goo to temporarily get you home with a puncture.

it just doesnt have nething. it only has got that thingy like a '?' but the circle is joined.

it just doesnt have nething. it only has got that thingy like a '?' but the circle is joined.

That will be the towing "eye" that Matt referred to, so you dont have anything in the plastic boot moulding where the spare wheel would have been... Contact the Exporter / Importer if I were you, or visit a Fiat Dealership and spend money.

Personally I have bought a spare steel wheel witha new tyre from a dealer and sourced my own jack and wheel spanner, hated the pump and goo system...:eek:

ye so the towing eye i have. however my wheel have the Nut thingy which is supposed to have a unique spanner? I have the 16v sporting and I dont even have the spanner to unscrew the bolts.

and now that i come to it. there is nowhere to fit the tyre because the plastic at the back, is in the place were the tyre should be.

I will take her to Fiat in Malta to check about these things then thanks.

you dont have a spare wheel, jack or spanner, your key for the locking wheel nut should be in the car somewhere.

ye so the towing eye i have. however my wheel have the Nut thingy which is supposed to have a unique spanner? I have the 16v sporting and I dont even have the spanner to unscrew the bolts.

and now that i come to it. there is nowhere to fit the tyre because the plastic at the back, is in the place were the tyre should be.

I will take her to Fiat in Malta to check about these things then thanks.

Hmmm. The locking wheel nut adapter should be in a black plastic box with the 4 standard bolts the locking bolts replaced. The large plastic moulding in the boot came out of mine as soon as I got my spare wheel.

Get on to Fiat you do appear to have been short changed.

the thing is I got it 2nd hand this febuary from the UK and I am from malta, cause to buy it from here it costs a fortune and it is actually really cheap from UK compared to here.

I searched the care thoroughly but didn't find the Nut adaptor for the wrench.

So the sporting doesnt even come with a wrench for the bolts?

stuff was stolen fom the car when we shipped it, unfortunately that happens alot.

Is there a code like for example a part code for the nuts? cause I am quite busy with exams to go to FIAT.

Could post up a picture of your locking nut and one of the Fiat techs on here might be able to tell you what key you need for it and if your Fiat dealer in malta will get it for you.

P080509_1535.jpg

P080509_153501.jpg

i can try a better picture if this is not good enough

Back