Styling Nuova 500 Badge

Currently reading:
Styling Nuova 500 Badge

S-X-I

Established member
I have recently purchased a Nuova 500 rear badge from eBay and I am looking to see if it is an original item.

It has Bomisa Milano embossed on the rear and has two securing pins.

Can anyone confirm if it would an original and if so what sort of year it would be from?

Many thanks!

I have recently purchased a Nuova 500 rear badge from eBay and I am looking to see if it is an original item.

It has Bomisa Milano embossed on the rear and has two securing pins.

Can anyone confirm if it would an original and if so what sort of year it would be from?

Many thanks!

Well as you would probably know Bomisa is one of the oldest badge makers in Italy and many of the car companies used them... So it would be fair to assume that it is probably an original if marked as such...
I can't confirm the years, so it is a case of Google translate and do hours of research on Italian sites, possibly post on the Italian 500 forums...

I have one the same that is an original item with the same embossed brand and two securing pins. I always assumed it was off a mid/late 60s F but I couldn't say for sure. I know by the time my '73 F was built that badge was no longer used

I always assumed it was off a mid/late 60s F but I couldn't say for sure. I know by the time my '73 F was built that badge was no longer used

I seem to remember reading recently that FIAT stopped using the 'Nuova' badge in 1968, replacing it with the italic boxed FIAT500 badges.

Stuart.

I seem to remember reading recently that FIAT stopped using the 'Nuova' badge in 1968, replacing it with the italic boxed FIAT500 badges.

Stuart.

From my info (yes had to look it up..)
The "Nuova" badge was used till early 1969, when it was replaced with the chromed "Fiat 500" badge...

Guess at some point I will have to check to see if I have a Bomisa one...
If not I feel the need to have one...

Thanks for all the information, nice to know its an original.

Its currently making an nice addition to the sideboard at home, how long its 'allowed' to stay there is a different matter lol.

My wife currently has a 2013 Fiat 500 so I have always been interested in the classic one.

Back