Technical Novitec Turbo kit

Currently reading:
Technical Novitec Turbo kit

Jajr2009

Hey guys, yesterday I bought a novitec turbo kit with a jammed s1 turbo. Suppose to be the novitec ecu remapped one with the map sensor soldered in de ecu.

Does anyone know how they did the fueling, the car I got it off only had 1 injector and was the same color as the standaard cinq one. I suppose they used the 1 bar fuelpump too. How much boost did this system support? Still have to take the engine apart to see if it has low comp pistons in it.

I curently own a 1.2 8v spi, and wondered if I could use this kit on standard compression or even on this engine? Would get a wideband lambda and boost gauge to see what my fuel and boost reach.

What turbo can I replace the s1 jammer turbo the gt1544 or gt1548 from vw or astra same size as the s1?

If I somehow not able to use the remapped novitec ecu with map in it.. i'll be saving up dor det3 with fcd on p75.

Any toughts?

Last edited:
I was thinking, I did read that novitec removed 2 mm off the Original 1108 pistons to lower compression, maybe I can do the same with the 1242 pistons?

I thought novitec used a decomp plate like van aaken did on there high boost setups

But yeah if you want to lower the compression ratio a decomp plate or 16v pistons are the way to go

I thought novitec used a decomp plate like van aaken did on there high boost setups

But yeah if you want to lower the compression ratio a decomp plate or 16v pistons are the way to go
What compression ratio do 16v pistons get me at? I read somewhere on the forum around 8.2:1

I'm getting the 1108 low compression pistons, they were still in the engine block I took it off. I'm going to sell my 1.2 spi block en drop in the 1.1 turbo blok

I'm getting the 1108 low compression pistons, they were still in the engine block I took it off. I'm going to sell my 1.2 spi block en drop in the 1.1 turbo blok
I found that van aaken took 1.5 mm off the oem pistons, the pistons i got with the kit i just bought off a forum member were damaged due to temperature or bad oil. So i have to machine me a few new pistons for it to work.

Back