Tuning Novitec 998 Camshaft,42mm TB and Punto 75 head in Seicento 1.1 Mpi.Need help.

Currently reading:
Tuning Novitec 998 Camshaft,42mm TB and Punto 75 head in Seicento 1.1 Mpi.Need help.

Bimmermeister

Hello guys,i have a 2002 Seicento Sporting 1.100 Mpi and I would like to know if the Novitec 998 Camshaft is exactly the same as the Punto 866 Camshaft as i got one in my hands.

I need more info about Kritip's guide on how to put the 1.2 16v TB into Mpi Sei,has anyone done it?I would like some photos and instructions.

I would also like to know if it does worth to get a whole Punto 75 head to replace the stock Mpi Head and how hard it is to do.Will the Plastic manifold fit in the Punto 75 head?The other way to go is to cut,port and polish my Mpi Head for 100 euros.

*Right now the mods i have are,MK1 headers without cat and custom pipe from headers to backbox.(Remus group N) and a K&N filter in the stock filter box.

Some help would be much appreciated!

I would like to know if the Novitec 998 Camshaft is exactly the same as the Punto 866 Camshaft as i got one in my hands.

I doubt it, but Novitec are still out there -- ask them? The 866 is a pretty mild cam as cams go.

I would also like to know if it does worth to get a whole Punto 75 head to replace the stock Mpi Head and how hard it is to do.Will the Plastic manifold fit in the Punto 75 head?The other way to go is to cut,port and polish my Mpi Head for 100 euros.
It'll fit, but I doubt there's any benefit at all. You'll be very, very, lucky indeed to get a decently re-worked head for 100 euros -- unless the guy's name is Santa Claus.

The obvious difference between the TBs is that the bolt spacing for the flanges is different. Easy way to do it would be to cut the flange off the inlet manifold on the 1.2 16v, glue it to the flange on the 8v inlet mani after appropriate porting.

You'll need a way of remapping the ECU -- the MPI cars are not forgiving.

Back