General Not happy

Currently reading:
General Not happy

Took Cinq for tracking at Selby Motosave. Made me wait 30mins after the time it was booked for, they put it on ramps and then says, we won't track itwith tyres worn like that, you won't feel any difference. So i was like i'm not buying new tyres off you and it needs the tracking doing. Guy says you won't feel the difference, I'm only saving you money so I just said I'll save my money, bugger you you won't have my custom and left. Prats
Gaz

Not really good practice on the part of the garage. If your tyres are worn due to tracking, you should have that fixed before or when you fit new ones.

It's stupid saying "You won't feel the difference" - you need the wheels pointing in the right direction for even braking, steering and tyre wear.

If your tyres are worn and you just passed your test recently, you do know you could be banned if stopped, yeah?

I know the garage just wanted you to buy new tyres, but they really ought to have done the tracking.

yup,i was in glasgow one time and the handbrake cable snapped. CBA changing it myself and took it to kwik fit for a quick fix.
told me my rear discs were worn and they wouldnt fit the handbrake cable as it wasnt safe!
went nuts as i had checked the rear discs a couple of weeks earlier plus the cavaliers have a seperate drum for handbraking.same discs were on the car 80,000 miles later :rolleyes:

Yeah im going to be getting new tyres soon seeing as I can be banned for them, but it's the tracking causing the wear so I wanted that fixing up. I'll get a different garage to do it, one that isn't intrerested in fleecing me for new tyres.
Gaz

Had the tracking done with a set of 75% knackered tyres, mad a slight difference, but still pulled to one side.

Had a new set of tyres fitted by the same place and mentioned that the tracking was still off after the last visit and they redone it for free. Didn't help that i was running different profiles back and front.

i got national tyres to check my tracking with worn tyres (not quite illegal) and they did it for free cos i said id be back for tyres! went back for the tyres and they re-adjusted my tracking. paid for it that time tho.

Back