Norris designs Evo crash at combe

Currently reading:
Norris designs Evo crash at combe

I know a lot of people have said that its the Evo Drivers fault but if the 106 were being lapped shouldn't it have slowed down enough to let the faster cars passed?

I know in some races they like to mix up the performance catagories but well, its kind of asking for trouble if none of the drivers are pro.

Poor evo :(

The responsibility lies with the person overtaking not with the person being overtaken. same as if you're rear ended its not your fault etc

and tbh i imagain those are pro drivers, or at least MSA level etc
he was just pushing that tiny bit too hard to take the other evo's imo

The responsibility lies with the person overtaking not with the person being overtaken. same as if you're rear ended its not your fault etc

and tbh i imagain those are pro drivers, or at least MSA level etc
he was just pushing that tiny bit too hard to take the other evo's imo

Shame!

Tis a tough one to call but I only have simulation experience. With all the excitment and adrenaline, I probably would have totalled as well. Then hit Start, Selected Restart race and come 1st and not do that again.

The 106 isn't as pro-driver in the accepted sense, note the black cross on a yellow background on the rear of his car, looks like he miscounted the evos behind him and pulled in on the last one but also looks like a racing accident can't expect him to be looking in his mirrors, picking his line, braking point and avoiding the other evos. Bad Luck

The 106 isn't as pro-driver in the accepted sense, note the black cross on a yellow background on the rear of his car,

Idiots Kiss :D

Basically a new driver who hasn't got his 10 signatures from the Clerk of the Course. You're a pro driver if your earining career is race driving. You can be a pro driver and have the kiss, you can be a ameteur driver and have completed your 10 races.

As a marshal I'd say that was incident between cars 97 and 12. Upto stewards to decide blame :D What I would note though was car 97 had 2 wheels off circuit, and did not rejoin safely.

makes me want to get a proper harness with the aero-type buckle:rolleyes: .he sure got out quick

Good job too the way that smoke hauntingly drifts into the cockpit and warns of impending warmth! :eek:

Doesn't look like it got fried tho.... shame about the bodywork bruises! :cry:

Great video! (y)

Fire extinguisher "Just in case" ?

That corner catches a lot of drivers out tbh although wouldn't of expected that from them :eek:

Wasn't the 106 drivers fault at all what are they supposed to do just throw their car off the track? Don't think so :rolleyes:

Also the speed difference in all the saloon cars in the combe series is insane yet all the races i've been to there (1 or 2 ;) ) that is the worst yet..

And everyone walked away so gotta be (y)

of the 106 forum i go on:

106 Owners said:
The 106 owner is a girl called Chrissy.. Member on PSOOC & Talk-Torque..

Simon Norris Posting on PassionFord: said:
Thanks for all the kind comments from everyone, feeling Ok if a little sore today!

Everyone has their own opinions on a situation based on experience and vision of the incident, whether it be from inside the car or on video afterwards.

Some facts for you though;

1) I think the accident was my fault, but at the time could not be avoided.

2) The first thing I did was ask the other girl how she was, apologised and shook her hand in the medics room.

3) I was not driving beyond my talent or ability. This was a bad racing incident for which I feel responsible.

4) Gary stopped me from overtaking him at the Esses one lap earlier when we touched side by side, I had the inside line and he had to take the grass. At this time I had gained a position by
virtue of me being in front into the corner on the inside. On the following lap I tried to out brake him on the outside instead and locked up meant me having to take to the grass. I ended up in front and did not know that I should yield this gained place, I held my hand up to appologise but did not know what was the correct etiquette. I have spoken with Gary about this and appologised.

5) I already stated to one of Chirssy's friends that if Castle Combe declare the accident my fault I would pay her £1000 towards her repair bill.

6) Something needs to be done about the differing speeds in this championship, no one has more of a right to be in it than another but the speed differential is dangerous.

Finally I will be back with another car next year and intend to silence all the people who say I can't drive and do my talking on the race track.

Cheers all and sorry to Chrissy!

Simon

Back