Technical Normal engine noises mk1 UT

Currently reading:
Technical Normal engine noises mk1 UT

This car i've picked up has done over 105k miles, it has plenty of oil. I started it up this evenin and it sounded a little rattly from the engine bay. it didn't get a chance to warm up but could this be normal? it is parked at a slight odd angle but when i parked it up last night it wasn't doing it.
Havn't been using the car much either because i want to flush the oil and water and change oil filter etc.
My cinq has suffered melted pistons so i'm just paranoid :(

Last edited:
Is it a ticking noise? I think the injectors do make a bit of noise on these cars, sounds like a tapping sound not a rattle. Also maybe the valve clearances need checking and adjusting; will require shims to adjust if required. Is it definately the engine not a bit of plastic rattling or something loose?

think tis engine coz it rises and falls with revs.
wasn't doin it last night when i parked it up tho lol, maybe just the funny angle its parked at or summit? lol

Ive always found them to have quite noisy, tappy engines. Ive had 3 Uno Turbos, a 1.4 tipo and 1.4 n/a Uno. All use the same basic engine and all have been fairly noisy :)

I wouldnt worry too much :) only if you have had other symptoms of a wrecked engine. From what uve told me on MSN though it sounds perfectly normal.

Last edited:
Back