Technical noob with a question?

Currently reading:
Technical noob with a question?

NiKEUS

Hi, this may sound like a dumb question but I have a doblo cargo 2001 that has a hearbox thats just given up the ghost in 2nd and 3rd gear, I have been trying to find a gearbox as cheap as possible but have not found one for anywhere under 300, i have however sourced a 2002 1.9jtd stilo gearbox for 150, the simple question is...
will it fit ok? :/
thanks

Last edited:
I dont think so.
Stilo has diffrent ratio's and I believe stilos had 6 gears(but that might be option).

I dont think so.
Stilo has diffrent ratio's and I believe stilos had 6 gears(but that might be option).
ok thanks, dont suppose you know if one of the other fiat models gearbox would fit it?

Nick

Now that I think of it again.
Some ppl on 'polish' ebay try to sell stilo/doblo gearbox so maybe Im mistaken but I would be surprised if the ratios would be the same as my doblo for example has a very short 1st gear etc.

I can't imagine why the price over there (I assume UK) would be so high if poles drag left sides here to sell as parts and gearbox prices arent that dramatic (1000-1500PLN). You would have to check the currency calc how would it shape in quid.

Maybe try and find a crach tested doblo and wait for some pole to pick it up and buy the gearbox from him :D

Polish prices:
http://allegro.pl/search.php?sg=0&string=doblo+skrzynia

Only guessing but the Punto has the same size wheels as a Doblo so should have similar gearing, although you would be best to get the gearbox off a model with the same engine, as petrol version gearing may be different from diesel versions etc etc.

ok, im just not wanting to go and buy a gearbox and then it not fit as money is very tight at the mo as with a lot of people

i have been looking to see if a punto gearbox will fit via google etc but to no avail.

thanks again btw guys!

just in case anyone has the same issues with the doblo gearbox which by the looks of things on the internet they are commonly crap and faulty, i got mine repaired for £170 by a transmission place in milton keynes. not bad considering what fiat want to even look at anything without repairing. I hate main dealers.

Back