Technical non starting bravo

Currently reading:
Technical non starting bravo

benw07

Morning all. First time user so forgive me. I have just purchased a 58 plate fiat bravo 1.9 multijet 120 dynamic from the auctions. on Tuesday it was running and driving fine however when I went to collect it on Thursday it had a flat battery and refused to start. I have replaced the battery however I still have no interior power. The interior light doesn't come on, the central locking doesn't work, the stereo and heater doesn't light up and the boot won't open however when you put the key in the ignition and turn the key the dash lights up and the display and it will turn over ok but won't start. Any suggestions as to what it may be would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards a fuse or a relay problem but I have no idea which or where and I could be completely wrong. Please help!

Morning all. First time user so forgive me. I have just purchased a 58 plate fiat bravo 1.9 multijet 120 dynamic from the auctions. on Tuesday it was running and driving fine however when I went to collect it on Thursday it had a flat battery and refused to start. I have replaced the battery however I still have no interior power. The interior light doesn't come on, the central locking doesn't work, the stereo and heater doesn't light up and the boot won't open however when you put the key in the ignition and turn the key the dash lights up and the display and it will turn over ok but won't start. Any suggestions as to what it may be would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards a fuse or a relay problem but I have no idea which or where and I could be completely wrong. Please help!

Hi,

You have two fuses boxes, one under the dash board and the other one beside the engine, very easy to find...

cheers

Hi,

You have two fuses boxes, one under the dash board and the other one beside the engine, very easy to find...

cheers
I have exactly the same problem. Did anyone find a solution to this? Which fuse could it be (if it is a fuse)
Thanks.

Mine is in the shop for this behaviour, the dealership has come back to tell me that the battery just needs to be replaced but it's very strange behaviour for just a dead battery. It decided not to start right in the middle of a date mind you...:bang:

I'm waiting on them to test the car with the a new battery to see if the problem persists. It may be time to weigh up getting a replacement.

Thanks for this info. I'm still no further forward. I don't see how it can be battery as I've jumped mine from another vehicle and it still won't start! Let me know what the shop says

Check the big brown fuses on the battery cables by the terminals they might be blown aspecially if you tried jumping it.

Back