Technical Non-lowering aftermarket shocks & springs

Currently reading:
Technical Non-lowering aftermarket shocks & springs

rendo

Are there any products other than fiat standard shocks for a sporting cinq that doesn't lower the car. not interested in lowering the car, but i will be replacing my bushes, so may do the shocks and springs at the same time.

There are some fiat ones on ebay for a cinq sporting atm... dont think there would be aftermarket non lowering ones, someone more experienced will be along to help you any minute...

Craig

mase said:
IIRC bilstein do some standard spec replacments..... they are for sale on fastfiat.com

not sure about springs tho, but couldnt u just get 25mm ones from spax or sumthin? as u wouldnt notice much difference due to the standard springs might be sagging over time. :D

Mase u b*****d lol you were supposed to tell him there are none so he buys mine off ebay :D:p

Joking (y)

If it's your daily hack, then I wouldn't fix what's not broke :)

TurboCinqy said:

What? From the sounds of it, they aren't interested in modifying it. If its the daily runabout, what's the point at throwing cash at it when it isn't necessary? If it doesn't pass the bounce test, then fair enough, the parts need changing, but if it does, then it seems a pointless exercise IMO. Adding Bilstein shockers just for the hell of it when you aren't interested in modifying is a total waste of money IMO. It certainly wouldn't add anything more than a small fraction of what the shockers' cost to the resale value of the car.

Turbocinqy, dont seem them shocks on ebay, how about a link

Choas, Why not, if i have to strip out the springs and shocks to change the bushes, (i rear drivers side does sit a bit lower than the other side), why not fit some new ones. if an aftermarket kit for 200quid is available, i see good reason to change them out. Considering i don't want to lower it if possible, i assume i can get standard spec for less.

rendo said:
Chaos, Why not, if i have to strip out the springs and shocks to change the bushes, (i rear drivers side does sit a bit lower than the other side), why not fit some new ones. if an aftermarket kit for 200quid is available, i see good reason to change them out. Considering i don't want to lower it if possible, i assume i can get standard spec for less.

If the parts are in good condition, why bother spending the extra cash? But its your money, your choice ;) If the parts are close to, or need replacing, then fair enough. But if they are still good, it seems a pointless exercise IMO. I see it as common sense - if it can go back in, then put it back in (cleaned up, of course :))- pointless essentially wasting your money if your not particularly bothered about modifying the car, that's what my point is. Like I said, its up to you at the end of the day. :)

loads of manufacturers do standard replacement shockers, but you may as well get onto your fiat dealer for springs as i think you'll struggle to get standard replacement springs.

The main reason I can see for not lowering is insurance. if you lower you have to inform them, if you swap the dampers for better quality standard spec items then it shouldn't matter.

Jon+Em

Back