non fiat help needed

Currently reading:
non fiat help needed

Nyx

Established member
Silly question.... not fitted to a fiat so thought i`d pop it in here... would search but dont really have time...

do you need to/ how do you clean a CDA?

its on a saxo.... he just been putting on a new pipe and inside is proper dirty...

Anyone know how u do it???

TA muchly

Ally

wolfracepunto said:
Yeah, any air filter gets dirty so needs to be cleaned. How you do it...? Havn't a clue :p

well ta for replying lol

maybe just buy a new clean one lol

aw ta hun

im sure he`ll figure it out if know one can help me lol

wolfracepunto said:
lol didnt even realise it was an American page :bang: and that its for the panel filter not the CDA. Good aren't I!

u tried.... thats all that counts! :D

GhostWKD said:
can buy air filter cleaning kits :p

oi u... im not that thick that i dont no that :p

but its kinda boxed in unlike the k&n and dont no how to get in it

I'v never cleaned one but its common sense really just looking at pics of one gives it away :) firstly undo clips of hosing and take out cda after unscrewing any mounting bracket you now have it in your hands on one end there should be some screws undo these there will either one or two the end should then come off and expose the filter inside now remove it and give it a washing and the inside of the carbon tube also. Now before you replace the dryed filter it may need lightly oiling with a special oil [please check that part as it may go back dry] now fit end cap and screws and reconnect all tubing and tighten clips I think that should be it (y)

PNL said:
I'v never cleaned one but its common sense really just looking at pics of one gives it away :) firstly undo clips of hosing and take out cda after unscrewing any mounting bracket you now have it in your hands on one end there should be some screws undo these there will either one or two the end should then come off and expose the filter inside now remove it and give it a washing and the inside of the carbon tube also. Now before you replace the dryed filter it may need lightly oiling with a special oil [please check that part as it may go back dry] now fit end cap and screws and reconnect all tubing and tighten clips I think that should be it (y)

thank you for the advice.... common sense maybe needed, but being female and knowing how many knowledgable ppl are on here i didnt think it would hurt to ask :(

huh... am i missing something here?

erm where did that post go ??

Last edited:
custard boy said:
yes :p

i dont know

im sure i just read a post PNL put up but then it was gone :confused: someone must of laced my drink lol

LMAO guys this daft git posted on the wrong thread that would have made good reading [NOT] :p :bang:

so im not going mad??? thank god! u had me worried

Back