Nokia PC Suite, 6230 & Bluetooth...Help!

Currently reading:
Nokia PC Suite, 6230 & Bluetooth...Help!

alexb

This is doing my head in now!

Do any of you lot use the Nokia PC suite with a 6230 (or any Nokia I guess) using Bluetooth as your connection type?

I can connect to the phone, copy stuff to it, off of it, what ever I want to do, but only the first time after I install the software. Any other time the two devices (phone and PC) don't seem to talk to each other!

The PC says it's connect to the phone, but whenever you try to do anything is just says the operation cannot be completed.

I've just installed v6.5 of the PC Suite but it did exactly the same on previous versions! It must be something I'm doing wrong!

Help!!!

I use the nokia suite over bluetooth on my 6260 and have no problems :confused: I just use the browser to do everything - open explorer and click phone browser. Refresh the page then the phone should show up after a short while. Then double click to connect - accept it on the phone - hey presto all works.

my girlfriend has the 6230 and i have the 7610 and we couldnt get the bluetooth thingy to work so we use the dku2 cable and have no problems

Helz said:
That's why I carefully explained which dongle to pull :p

Naughty!! ;)

Right, I've tried it again and after the first try after installing the software where all is well and comms is fine back and forward, when connecting to the phone the PC doesn't seem to have to ability to stay as an active device on the phone...Any suggestions?

I'm on firmware v5.24 which is pretty well as up-to-date as I can make out for this phone.

marky23 said:
my girlfriend has the 6230 and i have the 7610 and we couldnt get the bluetooth thingy to work so we use the dku2 cable and have no problems

Yeah I might have to resort to that. Is the DKU2 cable the USB one?

Helz said:
I take it you set up a serial port connection each time you want to connect? If you wait for one to find the other automatically it will never happen I must say......

Umm, maybe!

I installed the bluetooth software (installed automatically when I inserted the dongle), and then installed PC Suite which set up the connection to the phone. Worked fine first time round, but everytime since then, the PC recognises the phone is present and says in connects but you can't transfer anything.

I assumed this was all that was necessary?

I had no end of trubs with BT/6600. Was doing like you said. Do you get
the screen where it asks which ports?? I keep swapping the dongle to a
different port then trying to re-connect. It doesn't do it everytime even now
but it usually does eventually.

I bought Gray a BT for his 3650 and he's having the same probs trying to
connect for the first time using PC Suite.

Just keep trying is my suggestion. It worked for me. If you look on the Nokia
website, there is a program you can download which wipes all traces of
PC Suite off your PC (apparently if you uninstall it leaves some bits on there).

Try downloading that then re-install a freshly downloaded copy of PC Suite
and see what happens then.

Thanks for all your comments!

I've just kind of given in and bought a DKU-2 cable off Ebay for 7.40 delivered. I'd prefer to use bluetooth as it's so convenient, but I'm so not into trying over and over again just to get the bluetooth connection to work.

Back