Noisy door panel

Currently reading:
Noisy door panel

L

Lumpy

Hi

The passenger door on my '97 sx has started to make a few strange noises. It seems to be a combination of a squeek & a rattle that seems to be coming from the interior door panel. I've noticed that the panel has moved away from the door locking pin by about 2-3mm but trying to push the panel back doesn't seem to have any effect. Would taking the door panel off & re-fitting it help? Is so, do I just pull it off & snap it back into place? Does anyone out there have any ideas?
Cheers.

look out

if you mean the interior door panel : watch out removing it because it is a f*****ing job to get it back on. It is attached to the door with tiny metal 'teeth' right beneath the window. You can't just push it back; look very closely before removing anything. These teeth are very easily moved and then fall into the door interior...

Could it be...

Thanks for the advice Rudolf. I'll stop & have a look before I pulling things to bits!

Could the 'teeth' letting go, be the reason for the 2-3mm gap between the interior panel & the door locking pin?

plastic

the teeth are only situated beneath the window. The rest is attached with plastic push - pins and some screws (in the doorhandles etc.)

After a while I managed to get it back together, however still not in original condition.
Once put together you better not touch a Fiat..

good luck

Think I'll put up with it!

Thanks Rudolf You probably saved me from a very frustrating afternoon trying to complete a Fiat jigsaw puzzle!

I think I'll leave it for now & just turn up the radio so I can't hear it

Thanks again

Lumpy