Technical Noisy Brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Noisy Brakes

TONY404

Car In The Dealers On Monday ..noisy Brakes When Reversing.anybody Experienced This So I Can Go In Armed With Some Info?

I've just noticed my brakes are starting to make a noise in reverse. I just put it down to being discs brakes but I will be interested to hear what the garage says about yours.

1.6 Active Sport 4500mls

I have had the same problem. A some what loud grating noise when you first apply the brakes when reversing. Not their all the time, just occassionally.
The car has always done this from new (now 18 months old). I thought it was just the way things were. Interesting to see how you get on at the dealer.

When I Collected My Car From The Dealers The Service Manager Had Gone Home And I Was Fed Some Cock And Bull Story From A Receptionist About It Being Down To The Material The Disc Pads Are Made Of . Puntos Do It As Well Apparently.same Pads For 18,000 Miles So ,message To Service Manager: I'll Be Back...

Sounds about right. I got the same sort of response when I took my wifes Punto in for a look at the air con. The receptionist said there wasn't a problem. I insisted on speaking to the service manager who told me there was a problem and they were waiting for a fix from Fiat. It never came. With my brakes they make a noise when I go into reverse even though I don't apply them.

Back