Technical noise from front suspension

Currently reading:
Technical noise from front suspension

lee gagg

2.4 abarth in front
We all know how bad the suspension is on stilo's but i got a noise coming from passenger side front suspension.OK i started getting the noise in november before i had the dreaded recall done too my springs.Please note i mentioned this too fiat and they said they would check it out when they did the recall job.They told me it was coming from the front passenger side which i already knew and they suspected my front shocker was slightly damaged and too replace it.Oh and they charged me £35 too.

Well i went back too the independent garage i bought it from and they said they would have a look at it for me.They lubricated most areas and for a few weeks it seemed fine.

Well it comes and goes this noise have noticed it's worse in dry conditions must be when that water kinda lubricates it if that makes sense.I have had it checked out and the springs are definately in tact and all bushes are in good condition no play in em.

Im thinking of changing the front shockers but before i do anyone got any ideas.Not gonna lower the car so eibach springs etc not really relevent for me guess just good quality shocks might do it HELP PLEASE.

The noise sounds like a squeak to begin with (think i gotta budgie underneath )then it a very noticable creak please note have tried wd 40 and white grease on most areas but too no avail.:bang:

The top mounts are the problem and the only really sure way to stop this is change them some of the guys like Argo have used waxoyl with good success I have new mounts on mine now and haven't had the problem since (y)

Thanks for that fella's can i ask where you got your new top mounts from and how much were they etc etc.Will have to get wheels off and get the wax oil out think il wait til it warms up a bit weather wise sometimes wish i still lived in Mansfield i had my own garage with a pit in it would have been a doddle in there.

Yep, definitely need to get those wheels off.

On any recent purchase I always take time to eyeball everything for signs of damage, repairs, missing clips, nuts, bolts or early signs of rust etc.

A good tug here and there is also reassuring to know everything is nice & firm (oh yes :D )

Much better done on a warm day and if you've got the time those calipers can look very smart if painted too (y)

Back