no smoking in pubs

Currently reading:
no smoking in pubs

:whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives: :whogives:
At the end of the day. its been voted on. Its been passed. It will become law in England next year. No matter whether you like it or not,are for or against it, its happening.:rolleyes:
The arguments for and against are endless and nobody is right or wrong,only time will tell. By the way helz, me and the missus smoke but neither of us smoke in the house because even i think it stinks so i banned it about 5yrs ago. Its ace i havent painted any ceilings in our house for that long.(y)

Having worked in a nightclub I can say thank God they're finally getting around to banning smoking. I went home each night and had to have a shower before bed, and one when I woke up just to get rid of the smell. As one of the supervisors I made a concious effort to ignore customers who smoked at the bar.

Several pubs around where I live have now gone no-smoking - their business is booming. So much for the smoking lobbyists argument that pubs would have to close.

As people have said in the thread. We dont want to ban you doing anything - but don't do it where it affects others. I might like revving up my car - but you probably wouldn't like me doing it outside your house at 3am.

black_cinq said:
I cant wait and i think it'll put an end to social smoking too :)

Me too... i hate going out to the pub and come home smelling like an ash tray! I have nothing against people smoking personally they can do what they like i would just rather they not smoke around me! Maybe if they introduced smoking rooms in some pubs so if you want a fag you have the choice & other people arent affected!

Looking forward to the ban coming in, fed up of stinking like an ashtray everytime I want a pint.

black_cinq said:
I cant wait and i think it'll put an end to social smoking too :)

Having now found out what "social smoking" is i hate to rain on your parade black cinq but youre living in cloud cuckoo land if thats what you think! Do you really think that?L.O.L.:nutter:
The world has been trying to rid itself of many things since the yr dot, e.g. murder, famine ,prostitution,slavery.They all still exist over 2000 yrs later. do you really think smokers will stop all togetherL.O.L.:D ? Some i agree, but not all, come down from whatever planet youre on back to reality!!(y)

i cant stand smoke when im eating..theres places that ive been where they are still allowing it and its horrible when you dont smoke :(

I'm looking forward to it coming in and i have been a smoker in the past!

Babysei said:
i cant stand smoke when im eating..theres places that ive been where they are still allowing it and its horrible when you dont smoke :(

I'm looking forward to it coming in and i have been a smoker in the past!

Couldnt agree with you more, its disgusting. I hate people smoking when im eating and tbh i didnt think it went on anymore!Surprised it does, but that is just bad manners or ignorance that has forced this law to be passed and on that score i totally agree.(y)

lol... "who gives a f*ck" eh matt...

there are lots of things that are allowed, lots of laws passed in this country, and i believe it was you firing up the rants about the problems with this country... obviously if it's something you don't believe in, then yea, who cares about a stupid rule...

Seraph said:
lol... "who gives a f*ck" eh matt...

there are lots of things that are allowed, lots of laws passed in this country, and i believe it was you firing up the rants about the problems with this country... obviously if it's something you don't believe in, then yea, who cares about a stupid rule...

If you took the time to read my posts you would read that im forever going on about "DEMOCRACY" and "FREEDOM OF CHOICE":bang: and i also posted earlier in this thread:whogives: because its a law whether you like it or not!:nerner: Please go back and read it ALL again and youll notice that i pointed out that this argument could go on till the end of time and nobody will be right or wrong:shakehead because as YOU so rightly pointed out , "its all about freedom", not just for non smokers but smokers also.(y)

Well the non smoking in night clubs will stop the random cigarette burns I get.

I don;t see why smokers are complaining, most of you probably at one point in your lives said you will try and quit, some of you probably say so without putting in any effort...

heres your chance to quit for good.

Run faster, Jump higher, Sex longer, taste your food better ;)

Just to clarify things...

The smoking ban hasn't come into operation in Northern Ireland just yet. There is however a smoking ban in the Republic of Ireland. I must say that since its introduction, eating out down south is much more pleasant...:)

Back