no revs

Currently reading:
no revs

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no revs

No. It would not run at all if that was the fault.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no revs

Hi, i checked the temp sensor and it was ok, then cleaned up the idle valve, you were right, it was full of crap. Unfortunately it didnt make any difference, only this time my car won't even start now, after charging the battery and trying to jump start it.
The guy who usually repairs my car is gonna have a proper look at it tomorrow.
If its the injector that has gone, does anyone know how much this is likely to set me back at worst?

DI

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no revs

Ah, you need to reset the ECU now :) disconnect the battery overnight.

Did you try starting it with your foot on the gas pedal?

As for injecors, however unlikely it is as it would normally start, try www.webcon.co.uk or find your local weber carb dealer. About £70 from memory.

Its more likely you have a dead sensor. If it was an injector it would have not revved at all previously, it would have sounded terrible as opposed to just not idling.

You need to get it to a fiat dealer with a diag computer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no revs

Hi, Managed to sort out the problem with not having any revs, but after I have started the car up and started driving on the road, my injector light comes on, on the dash and the car coughs and splutters, losing power and sounding like an army tank. When I take my foot off the accelerator the light goes out, but as soon as i put it back on again the light comes on. It feels like there isn't enough fuel reaching the engine.
Is it anything to do with the fuel pump or the injectors going wrong?
What do you think guys?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no revs

Dead injector!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no revs

So how much will that set me back if I take it to the Fiat garage?
(Or does anyone know anyone who lives in the Hertfordshire area, that could do it cheaper?)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no revs

About £250 for one. I'd recomend you get all 4 done though as the others will be on the way out. I stupidly had them done 1 at a time (first 2 under warranty) and the remaining ones lasted about 3 months each.

From memory the injectors are about £100 each but its a 2+hrs job getting to them.

If you are handy with the spanners its not that hard.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no revs

Cheers Tom,
Looks like I'll be asking my mum for a loan then :) Will get all four done, just to be on the safe side.
Thanx!