Technical No hot air at idle

Currently reading:
Technical No hot air at idle

columbiers

Hi,
My panda has started giving out no hot air when at idle, the temp gauge also goes up when idling, not to overheating point but more than half way and more than normal.
When you rev the engine the heat returns to the hot air.
I tried bleeding the screw on the top pipe that comes from the matrix, some air and coolant came out but then nothing. After revving I could bleed a bit more. Both hoses to the radiator get hot.

Any ideas please? This forum has been great helping me before. I've searched but can't find a similar problem posted

not enough coolant

need to open both bleed screw to bleed the system

there's ones just below the radiator cap

There's will be no coolant on the temperature sensor and its registering just the metal itself. its will running well hot. If you continue like this it will kill the engine.

Thank you.
Just been out and bled both screws, topped up coolant to top of bottle. Got up to full temp
Still nothing came the top bleed screw, then I revved it and coolant began to come out. Closed it up quick and now seems to be holding temp and consistent hot air coming out. Will give it a full road test in the morning, hopefully won;t reoccur.

The lost coolant didn't just disappear, there must be a leak somewhere.
If there is no obvious visible leak, most likely suspect is the water pump, secondly the heater matrix. If you don't find the leak, you'll be forever bleeding it, and gently cooking the engine.

correct (y)

although it could be lack of maintenance.

Last edited:
Back