General No Car, No Diagnostic, What to Expect……??

Currently reading:
General No Car, No Diagnostic, What to Expect……??

so your infact wanting a 6 year warranty on your car?

If a part has failed within a certain time frame from New, then it is not fit for purpose. In this case the retailer (dealership) of any product needs to fix the defective part or replace the item whole. If they then claim this back from the manufacture is between them and the manufacture in. This is indeed what the consumer good act is there for, to protect the customer, and it lists cars in it also.

It was on TV a few weeks ago, and luckily for alot of retailers not many people know about it. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd Have much luck with that option as I purchased the car secon hand and the original dealer is somewhere up north and I'm down south.

I've been told the part cost is 375 + vat is there any way I can check if this is right, I'm only worried based on what someone else mentioned their price was.

Either way looks like in going to have to pay it!

I'm not sure I'd Have much luck with that option as I purchased the car secon hand and the original dealer is somewhere up north and I'm down south.

I've been told the part cost is 375 + vat is there any way I can check if this is right, I'm only worried based on what someone else mentioned their price was.

Either way looks like in going to have to pay it!

Only £375+VAT, for the Part but £609 fitted.

I'd either get the part and fit it yourself (a 30 min easy job), or get one off of a Panda in a brakers (y)

If a part has failed within a certain time frame from New, then it is not fit for purpose. In this case the retailer (dealership) of any product needs to fix the defective part or replace the item whole. If they then claim this back from the manufacture is between them and the manufacture in. This is indeed what the consumer good act is there for, to protect the customer, and it lists cars in it also.

It was on TV a few weeks ago, and luckily for alot of retailers not many people know about it. ;)

Manufactures of all kinds will go out of business pretty fast then:confused:

a 30 min easy job

for panda steering column....you do it & i'll time you

OK. So recieved a call from the dealers and have been told the following;
The fault is with the Throttle Body and I have two options:

Option 1:
They will clean the Throttle body and this may fix the fault - £264.70

Option 2:
New throttle body installed - £609.70

Obviously the new throttle body seem the more reliable solution although seems pricey based on what someone else posted here

Need to get back to them today - so any thoughts please??????

for panda steering column....you do it & i'll time you

According to the top quote its for a TB :confused:

Well the latest...

Fiat sent the wrong part only for it to be resent etc...

The throttle body had been fitted and then some recall ABS work was being conducted. Since then they have tested the car and their is a fault with the Engine Fan which is causing the engine to overheat (hope this isnt what was wrong in the first place), total cost £776

In the interim the car's MOT has expired and they have conducted a pre MOT check which has found the following:
Exhaust needs resealing £51.75
Loss Anti Roll Bar Link £74

Have complained to central fiat and they have offered to pay for the exhaust and anti roll bar piece as a gesture of goodwill but are unwilling to put anything towards the work which I initially complained about!

Want to complain that the parts dont seem fit for putpose but think I am in a rock and a hard place and hating my little Panda for its recent expense two weeks before Im due to go on holiday!

Sh#t happens. If you had bought a new car, how much would it have cost you in depreciation? I don't think you have grounds to complain about a four year old car with 40k on the clock. I had a Nissan Primera for six years, paying extra to extend the warranty for a further three years on top of the manufacturers three year warranty. Nothing went wrong.

In the case of steering failure where there seem to be quite a few instances I would agree, but unless the failure of this component on the throttle bodies is widespread then I doubt you can claim.

Haven't heard of many instances of this particular fault.

Back