Technical No autostart. Disabled from hood open

Currently reading:
Technical No autostart. Disabled from hood open

Helix512

My son's 500x says the hood is open when he tries to auto start, bit the hood is closed. Is the latch have the sensor for the ecu to know it's open or closed? I looked for fiat 500x hood pin but it comes back with hood pins for jeeps.
Any help would be appreciated

Assume you're talking about remote start. Unfortunately over here we are not allowed remote start on our cars (it's illegal not to be in a running car on a public road)

This is a problem I've heard of on Jeep Renegades (which is basically a 500x with a different body fitted). On the Jeep the issue is with a switch that's part of the hood latch. I can only assume that would be the same on our 500X's?

There's likely to be a plunger type switch on the slam-panel (or possibly on a bracket near the bulkhead).. or a micro-switch within the bonnet latch that is sticking and sending a dodgy reading.

If you find which it is (I presume the micro-switch within the bonnet latch is going to be more likely) then take it off the car, find the micro-switch and clean it all up. Some micro-switches can be fixed when they fail (boot latch etc.) but others are impossible to replace and only come with a new bonnet catch, for the manufacturer's convenience... Hopefully yours is just greasy/can be cleaned.. or is available separately if it can't.

Ralf S.

Back