General No access to main beam bulb?

Currently reading:
General No access to main beam bulb?

Good luck getting a bulb changed under warranty.

In the past my wife took my old Punto into the fiat dealer to get a bulb replaced. She had been driving the car a lot and a headlight bulb went out. She tried to change it herself with one from the spare bulb kit but couldn’t get the old one out, so she drove to the fiat dealer round the corner who ended up taking the front bumper off, so they could take the light unit out to change the bulb, they put it all back together for her and when she went to drive off having not been charged a penny the spare bulb she had was still on the passenger seat so they even put a free new bulb in.

At the time the car was about 6-7 years old so well out of warranty

I am looking to replace the high/main beam h7s with aftermarket ones (LED specifically) - I've done the dipped beam ones (the projector type ones that are accessible through the engine bay) and wanted to do the second cluster as well.

The car is indeed brand new, but it was manufactured in 2020 - German spec - not sure if that makes it different than other countries, but it seems mine does not have the flap/latch.

I will try removing the liner and get back with my findings - just glad I am not the only one with the same liner.

I am looking to replace the high/main beam h7s with aftermarket ones (LED specifically) - I've done the dipped beam ones (the projector type ones that are accessible through the engine bay) and wanted to do the second cluster as well.

Do it, it´s really an improvent!

Low beam:

attachment.php

Low beam + high beam:

attachment.php

My fogs are still halogen (Osram Allweather)https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=220321&stc=1&d=1631778044, but I don´t find yellow LEDs that have the vertical H3 filament orientation...:(

Low beam and fog lights:

attachment.php

Low beam plus high beam and fog lights:

attachment.php

The car is indeed brand new, but it was manufactured in 2020 - German spec - not sure if that makes it different than other countries, but it seems mine does not have the flap/latch.

Mine is also German spec. ...

Attachments

• Abblendlicht.jpg
    Abblendlicht.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Abblendlicht+FL.jpg
    Abblendlicht+FL.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 177
  • Abblendlicht+NSW.jpg
    Abblendlicht+NSW.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Abblendlicht+NSW+FL.jpg
    Abblendlicht+NSW+FL.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 217
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 32
Flap or not, unless you have tiny hands (and can see round corners) it's generally easier to remove the wheel and wheel arch liner anyway to get access to those lower bulbs....

You can generally just remove the front fixings for the liner and pull it back, without removing completely.

Nick

Just an update - I managed to install the bulbs yesterday and had to remove the wheels, pop a few screws off the liner just enough to access the headlight unit.

To reply one of the comments here - the liner is OEM and has not hatch/door/flap - the car came like this when we picked it up from the Fiat dealership.

I assume the newer ones are like this.

Loving the new lights!

Back