nintendo,just who do they thing they are?

Currently reading:
nintendo,just who do they thing they are?

i mean,you pay for a console.the least they can do is offer a bit of support for a decent length of time!!

Nintendo has finally decided to stop support for the original Nintendo Entertainment System, 24 years after the system's launch.

A spokesperson has said the company made their decision due "to increasingly short supplies of replacement parts."

The iconic console was known as the NES in Europe and North America and the Famicom in Japan.

Nintendo's Ken Toyoda said it was regrettable that the company has to turn its back on the old console but he wants Nintendo's loyal fans to focus on the Wii, the hottest selling next-gen console.

Since its launch late last year, the Wii has sold over 12 million consoles worldwide. The NES sold 60 million through 2006.

Just buy a :worship:360.Best money I've spent in a long time....although the wife do'nt think so :nono:

They crap anyway(were good in their day),yes good for reliving old memories but would you buy one thesedays....they are just garage/attic clutter.

Well, if you don't want it cluttering up your house you can get an emulator that runs all the rom images on your PC (y)

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/

You'll have to search a bit to find the roms but they're out there. I've got Atari 2600, Vectrex, Colecovision, SNES, C64 and Amiga emulators somewhere on my pc. I also have MAME for playing arcade game roms (y)(y)(y)

EDIT: Mukor in my sig comes from an arcade game rom!

Last edited:
we still have our mega drive which is going strong and at present gets used 3-4 times a week for a good 2 hours or so each time (y)

we also have one of the first playstations from when they came out (think it is at least 10 years old if not a bit more). and that runs like fine.

it has survived to bouts of moving house, been plugged into about 20 different tvs, been tod all over by my grannys dog.

and yet it refuses to give up the ghost (y)

oldies are the best :D

Well, if you don't want it cluttering up your house you can get an emulator that runs all the rom images on your PC (y)

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/

You'll have to search a bit to find the roms but they're out there. I've got Atari 2600, Vectrex, Colecovision, SNES, C64 and Amiga emulators somewhere on my pc. I also have MAME for playing arcade game roms (y)(y)(y)

EDIT: Mukor in my sig comes from an arcade game rom!

I got a snes with this thing(?) you plug into top of it where cartridge goes & it takes games on floppy discs...theres about 150 of them but I dont bother with it,makes a nice nest for spiders up there:)

I got a snes with this thing(?) you plug into top of it where cartridge goes & it takes games on floppy discs...theres about 150 of them but I dont bother with it,makes a nice nest for spiders up there:)

Yeh I remember those - people use to carry a case of those disks rather than cartridges - brings back memories..

Back