nice details

Currently reading:
nice details

mad_colm

Established member
what's your favourite minute detail of an otherwise boring car?

i nominate:
Mitsubishi Carisma and Vauxhall Vectra wing mirrors
Seat Ibiza rear badge, silicone damped to reveal boot handle

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX, what do you want? cupholders? open door warning light? grow up!

no. that doesn't count, has to be a single small item. sorry! something that the designers snuck in! ilke the flip up stereo in the bravo

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX, what do you want? cupholders? open door warning light? grow up!

cup holder in my ignis, unusually the perfect size for a bottle of lucozade sport, and also in the perfect spot to the right of my knee!

- - Donz - -

no that doesn't count either. the cupholder in the saab 9-5 would count as it's deliciously over-engineered. being the right size as a bottle of lucozade isn't in the same league! still think that thing looks like a yaris

ok ok, the Citroen Xantia again, with its "you don't want me to fall open now but i will" self opening at the worst moment tiny glove compartment, which you couldn't even fit gloves into

[:(!]

GoGoCinquecento, your burning up the quater mile!!

wait a fookin minute, you sked for our favourite part and you are saying what we class as our favourite doesn't count??

- - Donz - -

agree with the handles on the 156 though. peugeot went and copied them on the 206 sw. alfa weren't the first to do this though. some cars from the 40's / 50's had them. the stereo in the nissan sunny had volume controls in the shape of a nissan badge. sadly this was the only slightly interesting bit.

i'm looking for favourite minute details. the suziki doesn't count sadly! moments of madness by the designers

Hey guess what i love the horse on the Ferrari.....................that doesn't count.
I like the Red paint inside my Fiat Cinquecento............that doesn't count.
I like the subaru's menacing four cylinder rumble....................that doesn't count.

sorryB)

GoGoCinquecento, your burning up the quater mile!!

my point is, you asked us for our favourite minute details, the fact that my cup holder holds an oversized juice bottle is a minute detail, i appreciate it.

i supplyed what you requested, my favourite minute detail....

- - Donz - -

it certainly is useful and it fits the criteria - i grudgingly admit. wouldn't do it for me though

Well I spent minutes thinking about it but came to the conclusion that there is nothing (that I can think of!) on a Uno which has been deliciously over engineered by under indulged engineers.

Scenic - Double floor with spaces for stuff under them, great for when i was a little younger and lets you keep tools etc. well out of the way when on holiday. On some these just pull up when you put your fingers under a little part of them. However, on mine, they put a lot of effort into it and put switches next to the rear 12v supply so that you lift them to mechanically open it. Pointless but cool! DImming curtousy light when you start the engine after 5 seconds. All relinable/push forward back seats.

Sorry if you don't like them

My first signiture (a lot of thought put into it): If you can't find the switch to switch your fogs off I am sure I can help you! Damn fogs.

no, i don't really like those. maybe the electric cubbyholes.

ashtray extractor fan on some american car for 50's.

Not electric, mechanical movements.

You really aren't allowing much here...They are all little gimmicks which you don't buy the car for but you think "Cool" when you get it.

It probably took 10's of man hours to sort out the dimming light after 5 seconds of starting!

Paul

My first signiture (a lot of thought put into it): If you can't find the switch to switch your fogs off I am sure I can help you! Damn fogs.

Back