Technical Next problem

Currently reading:
Technical Next problem

:bang::bang::bang: right tootling along to work today and I've always had the lights on auto, only time i turn them to manual is if i need high beam.

The lights are on??? at about 8am and I'm sure it's light enough for them to go off.

So where abouts is the dusk sensor? I'm hoping it only needs a clean, if there is a fault then the lights would stay on regardless in auto? otherwise I don't know what to do other than examiner and I've fallen out with all FIAT dealers near me :mad:

:bang::bang::bang: right tootling along to work today and I've always had the lights on auto, only time i turn them to manual is if i need high beam.

The lights are on??? at about 8am and I'm sure it's light enough for them to go off.

So where abouts is the dusk sensor? I'm hoping it only needs a clean, if there is a fault then the lights would stay on regardless in auto? otherwise I don't know what to do other than examiner and I've fallen out with all FIAT dealers near me :mad:

same sensor location as rain sensor!... mine does the same... i think its to stop them from constantly flicking on and off all the time

Auto lights, auto windscreen wipers........think of poor old me, I have to use a switch!! ;)

Dan, what sensitivity level are you using? The more sensitive, the longer they take to turn off?

Our 1.6 had a problem where they'd go on and never come off, switch the ignition off and on and it'd sort it. Got a new sensor fitted under warranty, then a new body computer - eventually sorted it :).

Back