DSC001866.JPG

Newest Modification to the ST...

Introduction

This new modification has drastically reduced weight and lets loads more cold air into the engine bay. But for some reason I have noticed power is down a massive 100%.

DSC003721.JPG

DSC003731.JPG

DSC001866.JPG

Hit some black ice on the way to work on monday morning, its an obvious write off, so three years no claims down the pan.

Not sure what i'll get next. Not been the best start to the year!
Ouch mate, thats not good!!! Saw a white ST with blue stripes on the M6 yest and thought to myself is that Finney??? Obviously not!!!
Glad to hear your ok tho mate!
As for whats next, a mate of mine was selling a golf gti, can see if its still for sale???

Ouch mate, thats not good!!! Saw a white ST with blue stripes on the M6 yest and thought to myself is that Finney??? Obviously not!!!
Glad to hear your ok tho mate!
As for whats next, a mate of mine was selling a golf gti, can see if its still for sale???

I need the payout first.

I'm thinking sensible option of a Furby VRS, or a not so sensible bike engined kit car. Not a clue yet!!
How bad is the ding that you had btw??

Thanks alaina, could have done with one at 7:15am on monday morning when it happened :eek:

Last edited:
mate sorry to see that, chin up! Most important thing is your ok though :)

kit car sounds fun (y)

Damn Chris, Sorry to see that, least your ok thats the main thing. Was a stunnin car. But you can replace a car, but not a life.... Im sure your next car will be a good choice! (y)

Thanks lads, Iv'e been looking into the possibility of another GP, I'd love a new GP project i didn't get to finish my last one :D

If i've got my silly head on then I want a bike engined kit car (low on insurance but fast) and modify it into a more reliable daily driver.
But my sensible head tells me I should get a fabia VRS or similar. We'll just see.

My colleague just traded his ST (white+blue stripes) in for an A4 convertible... on Monday morning!

Maybe yours felt the pain and couldn't live with it?

Members who have had VRSs have said they're ok but very boring. What will you be able to get when you get the payout? Hope you've got some savings.

Last edited:
Thats very poor mate was a nice car.

Am I the only one thinking that car will be riding again in much the same way as 100hp james car did? I.e. as a slightly iffy damaged repaired vehicle? Pillars and that look straight it'll be written off now but back on Ebay soon!

My colleague just traded his ST (white+blue stripes) in for an A4 convertible... on Monday morning!

Maybe yours felt the pain and couldn't live with it?

Members who have had VRSs have said they're ok but very boring. What will you be able to get when you get the payout? Hope you've got some savings.

Yea i've heard that about the Fabia. But i'm only a youngster and for insurance purposes I'm going to have to bite the bullet and have something boring for a while. I'll be doing many miles a week.

I'll get offered jack for it, but luckily white STs tend to go for a little more than others so I think I'll be bombarding the insurance company with autotrader adverts as they will do the expected and offer me next to nothing for it.

As far as seeing the car on the road goes, it looks spot on from the wings back, but when I opened the boot there was a nice creaking sound which suggests a lovely twisted chassis. The wheels are still without a kerb mark or scratch.

Back