General Newbie with Scudo Questions

Currently reading:
General Newbie with Scudo Questions

Garetht

Hello,

I'm on my second Fiat first was a Ulysse which died a horrible horrible death, second and current car is a 2008 Fiat Scudo 120 Multijet 120 LWB with which things are starting to go wrong.

Every fiber of my being is saying ditch the car but realistically I can't really afford to replace it but has anyone go any advice on the following:

1. Passenger side wing mirror - when i turn the engine on it folds out as it should do but then just carries on until it faces completely out
  2. When i turn the ignition on there is a rapid ticking/clicking noise from some where in the rear
  3. This is probably connected to number 2, the rear driver side light cluster has stopped working, Brake, Reverse and Indicator. I've not checked the bulbs yet as I can't see all bulbs going at the same time.
  4. Had this on the Ulysse, the Anti Pollution warning comes on but as far as i can remember this is fault that could mean a myriad of different things?
  5. On a full lock the is a very unpleasant knock & crunch coming from the drivers side front wheel.
  6. When the front lights are not on they randomly flash along with the dash/display lights.

If anyone has had similar issues with the above any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying Varesecray, is fixing a poor earth a DIY-able job or would it be best to take it to a garage/Auto electrician?

Thanks for replying Varesecray, is fixing a poor earth a DIY-able job or would it be best to take it to a garage/Auto electrician?

As a start..
Look at this..

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/318839-electrical-gremlin-thread.html

Yours will be pretty similar..

Then mirror.. sounds as if it is missing a Stop.. probably electrical..again.

Do the tail lamp 1st..might help the other stuff.

Peel back trim around the light clusters.. there may be a similar bolt.up earth point

Do unplug the light clusters too.. looking for discolouration of the metal contacts.. greenfurry.. or burnt.

Save yourself @£100.. check the basics 1st
The jumplead earth trick is a 5 minute job ;)

Charlie

Last edited:
Back