General Newbie With A few Questions...

Currently reading:
General Newbie With A few Questions...

Frenchy82

Hi, Ive just had got a 2002 Seicento Michael Schumacher Edition given to me in part-ex for another car, i was just going to sell it on but Ive got a soft sport for the little Banana!

I need your help on a few things if poss -

I noticed the Red battery light on the dash so I checked the alternator and there was no belt on the pully! Is it easy to fit a new one? Also, does the belt power anything else or is it just the alternator?

The lights are also pointing a bit too high to pass the MOT but the adjusters are broke, is there any other way of adjusting these?

Any help would be awsome,

Thanks,

Stu

Alternator belt only drives the alternator.

Access is a pig. The factory manual is in the downloads section, alternatively, the Haynes (or Porter) Cinquecento manual will do.

Difficult to say much about the headlamps without knowing exactly where they're broken. Search should find a post by J333EVO about repairing them (Cinq ones, but repair should work for Sei).

And hi!

Hi

Yes they are nice wee autos.

If the belt is missing it may be because the alternator was noisy, try turning it by hand for any play or friction, on mine the impellor was chewing the casing... the bearings had long gone, quite noisy really but normal output...
You would then need this guide
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecen...icento-1108-alternator-removal-refitting.html
A good engineering shop will refurb an alternator, or get used one from forum shop...

There is the an car adjuster and a manual preset (screwdriver under bonnet), if you set them a bit low the MoT man may pass them without the in car adjuster.

Noel

Thats great, thanks for the advice! How long would it take a garage to change the alternator and belt?

Thanks again!

Thanks again, you guys really are the fountain of fiat knowledge!

I popped into Euro Car Parts to get a new belt but they didnt have them, he also asked me if it had aircon or not.....I felt a bit stupid as I didnt know and the car was as home!

Being the Schumacher edition I imagine it would have aircon? But it does have a sun roof??

button for the ac is the most right hand button on the dash where fog light buttons and rear screen heater button are. It will just have a blank button that doesn't move if there is no ac. But no, AC was only an option on all models and i would guess you don't have it.

AC models have 2 aux belts with tensioners (extra belt to run compressor), non-ac models have one aux and no tensioner. AC models also have a different alternator mounted differently, and obviously another radiator (ac condenser) behind passenger side of bumper and a different heater box with an evaporator unit inside.

Back