General Newbie Saying Hi

Currently reading:
General Newbie Saying Hi

jono123

Hi guys,just thought I would say a quick hello before I do some serious research on these 500L,s.
Looking at buying a Beats Edition.

Welcome to the forum - happy 500L hunting!!
Thanks MJG,i notice you have a 500L yourself.
How do you like it,and can you pick any faults with it? and most importantly has it been reliable?...

Thanks MJG,i notice you have a 500L yourself.
How do you like it,and can you pick any faults with it? and most importantly has it been reliable?...

It has so far never let us down. It is a 1.4 petrol which is a pretty tied and tested set up - It is now on 24,000 miles at 18 months old.

Faults/niggles.

• The cruise control wasn't working when it was delivered - sorted by dealer
  • The steering wheel wasn't correctly aligned on delivery - sorted by dealer
  • I very very occasionally get a 'ESC' fault warning on the dash but its so infrequent I cant be bothered to get it fixed.
  • A common fault/niggle is it is hard to get a good view of the top left of the speedo due to the config. of the dash.

Otherwise we have been very happy and would certainly have another when we change but they are not good tow-cars so we may be forced to change to something else.

It has so far never let us down. It is a 1.4 petrol which is a pretty tied and tested set up - It is now on 24,000 miles at 18 months old.

Faults/niggles.

• The cruise control wasn't working when it was delivered - sorted by dealer
  • The steering wheel wasn't correctly aligned on delivery - sorted by dealer
  • I very very occasionally get a 'ESC' fault warning on the dash but its so infrequent I cant be bothered to get it fixed.
  • A common fault/niggle is it is hard to get a good view of the top left of the speedo due to the config. of the dash.
Otherwise we have been very happy and would certainly have another when we change but they are not good tow-cars so we may be forced to change to something else.
Thanks Martin,The reliability is the only thing I am wary about but I suppose saying that all cars have some niggles at some point.I have only ever had 1 Fiat and that was a 1997 Punto GT,owned for around 2 years and not a problem.
Just me being over cautious I think as I will need to keep the 500l for quite a few years.

Hi.

I have a TwinAir 105Hp. No problems at all. No oil consumption. Low fuel consumption.

But yes, as mentioned earlier. The left upper corner of the speedo is difficult to see.

Terje

Hi there again guys......every time I look at the 500L,s on the internet they look better and better....Beats Edition for me I think......

A good way around not being able to see the speedo is the centre of the display can show digital speed. I have it on that all the time now. At first used to have it on average mpg but getting 55 without trying.
My niggles are, windows up and down painfully slow. The gear change odd at first (I have the auto) the radio does not pull in some of the weaker stations. There is no 12v outlet for the rear passengers. No front arm rests.

Also mine has a rear 12V port - although it is in the boot, but it can be accessed before the journey etc.

The Beats audio system is fantastic and I must say that has been one of the best sound systems I've heard in a car.

I've had mine since Oct 14 and already raked in nearly 12K miles, with no issues so far (touch wood :))

Cheers

This was something I was glad of but then when I purchased mine they decided to have a spec change and do away with the 12v in the boot. None of the newer ones come with this now afaik

That is my understanding too, and it's a daft omission on this type of car. Ours has one in the boot and it's very useful on long journeys for a 12V cool box.

Our front one already has a doubler in it with the phone charger and the Sat Nav plugged into it.

Back