Newbie - (old Geezer) just bought a 2007 Doblo 1.9D multijet.

Currently reading:
Newbie - (old Geezer) just bought a 2007 Doblo 1.9D multijet.

OldGeek

I'm a serial DIY'er, one of the old school brought up on grubby Haynes manuals and spares departments that were staffed by people in overalls rather than motif emblazened shirts so this looks like a very useful resource.
I've only had the Dob for a week, and I've been very unsuccesfull with my workshop manual quest so far. I wasted £23 on A Haynes digital manual that contains very few component drawings and is largely filled with generic DIY info.
There seems to be a number of digital manuals for sale on the Net and Ebay, but no reviews of them or ability to "see inside" before buying, so choosing one looks like a real gamble. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful to hear them, (especially if there's an actual paper one for sale anywhere !)
I've already fixed the tailgate lock which was unlocking with the central locking but not then locking with it again, and I'm now investigating the sliding door lock which can't be opened with the inside handle. It turned out to be a broken plastic housing, which prevented the door inner handle's cable from moving the lever.

Im glad Im not the only one who thinks the new haynes 'books' are bad. I sent them a very cross email and said after 40 years of buying their books I didnt expect to but a pile of blank pages and empty sections for £26. In fairness they issued a refund, not that I asked for one but I dont feel I lost anything as all the bits where drawings were supplied are basic and self explanatory for anyone with any DIY knowledge. Its frustrating not to be able to get a workshop book for my model of Panda so I sympathise. Anyhow... welcome on here if you ask about specific problems there are some truly amazing people on here who are most generous with their knowledge and help! There are a lot of people like you (and me who have experience who also try and assist with opinion and suggestiosn so I feel it is a great forum.

Thanks for the reply PN.
I fear we are a dying breed, DIY drivers who seek more information about their cars than oil changes and how to replace a fuse.
Only now do I full appreciate that the paper Haynes Manuals were gold dust, not only full of model specific diagrams and photos, but detailed dismantling step by step instructions, even mentioning everyday alternatives to anonymous numbered service tools.
Right through from my 1959 Morris Minor, (which was then worth/cost £90), to my 1997 Passat Estate, I was able to buy the model specific Haynes paper manual. Since then I have had to stumble along with online or other third party paper substitutes as best I can.

Back