General Newbie needs info on buying a Stilo

Currently reading:
General Newbie needs info on buying a Stilo

Stuart yes that price for coast2coast may save a few hundred quid, but i would some how prefer spending a few hundred quid on going to a bigger company which will hopefully come up trumpts with goods without any problems. Also spec'd up the quote on drivethedeal.com and was close to coast2coast. Tell if i'm being stupid please because I may look into them as well :)

James, i'm still going to go round a good few dealers over this weekend. At least I can turn them down, but you never know, also it's coming to the end of the month so I might get lucky (y)

Also can you explain to me what you mean by '12v in the boot??' Do you mean there's cigarette lighter outlet in the boot?

Stan...

DOG said:
dont rule out your fiat dealership. my abarth selespeed was cheaper than any online car sellers could match. fiat garages are very keen to sell.

I agree. Are you sure you can't get a deal at a main dealers? I found the best deal online (Jamjar) then went to two dealers, played them off each other and ended up getting the car at Jamjars price (£10,200) but they lent me 10K 0% over 4 years, so I saved a mint in interest. I had to haggle really hard, but that was the fun part. I got the 1.8 petrol 5dr Dynamic with 5 cd multiplay.
That was July 2003, so I don't know how things stand at the moment, but get yourself to the Fiat main dealer and haggle like mad.

Stanley_Cooper said:
Stuart yes that price for coast2coast may save a few hundred quid, but i would some how prefer spending a few hundred quid on going to a bigger company which will hopefully come up trumpts with goods without any problems. Also spec'd up the quote on drivethedeal.com and was close to coast2coast. Tell if i'm being stupid please because I may look into them as well :)

Also can you explain to me what you mean by '12v in the boot??' Do you mean there's cigarette lighter outlet in the boot?
Stan,

You bought the magazine Car Buyer? It lists all new cars, the maximum dealer discount PLUS the best price on the net. When I bought Ulysse, max dealer discount was £1400 [they had offered me a paltry £1200, lol] - armed with knowledge, and at that time coast2coast was regarded as cheapest, the dealer came right down to over £3k discount. They are not that small a company, and when I spoke to them very friendly and efficient, and even put me onto good finance companies [again, took this knowledge to dealer, and got 1.5% knocked off their flat rate!!].

12V in the boot is an accessory adaptor, yes! Useful for wine cool boxes ;)

Well went to one dealer told them the price from coast2coast. And now I have just purchased a Stilo 3dr 1.9JTD with mp3 player, skyroof, upgraded hi-fi and climate control for just over £11340 which beats the quote.

It really pays to do your home work before going to the dealers though...

Now the long wait ahead.

Stan :slayer:

Excellent news, Stanley - and just think if you had gone straight into the dealer off the street!

At least through dealer, you get car delivered to them, and they will treat you as a proper-customer when it comes to servicing issues :)

What date have they given you for delivery?

Not totally sure as it is a factory car and all the optional extra need to be placed on ild say looking at 8 to 12 weeks. The Guy I did the deal with also showed me there parts computer which tells you how many Stilo's come into this country and whether any were with the extra I want. At least I now understand why it takes so long which is good.

I also didn't have to haggle alot as I had the proof infront of me which helped alot. One thing I did like is the fact you can open and close all the doors and skyroof via the remote locking.....nice! :D

Stan...

Yep, you will get a car built exactly to your spec!

When we ordered the Ulysse, which had a similar build time, I remember getting call from dealer saying car is about to processed at factory in France - if we wanted to change anything, then now is the time, lol, or too late.

Nice choice of spec as well - just don't expect massive residuals on it. This is definitely a car to enjoy and use for many years to come :)

You also need to take into account the fact that when the car is shipped they make drops all round europe before it gets to the uk..my car was ready 5 weeks after I ordered it but im not getting it till next friday which has meant an 8 week wait..
I think its been the longest 8 weeks of my life and its not even over yet..
But I have to congratulate you on your choice of car... Being a Stilo owner is a pretty unique thing ;)

Thay can't give them away

Told You ! :)

Glad you got it sorted.

Just watch those tyres for the telltale signs.

Back