General newbie here which seicento to get???and top speed

Currently reading:
General newbie here which seicento to get???and top speed

dannyb00

i want the seicento sport 1.1 either 2001 or 2002 with the little spoiler on it or the micheal shumacer one with the spoiler on it i have a 2000 budget and there is plenty on auto trader. also i dont want any of this crap about top speed with turbos etc and speed dials wrong i want to know on the motorway what ur top speed has been only in seicento cars tho and what it can stick at steadily e.g 70mph? thanks for help and reply btw am 16 still but im buying one shortly. i will be using this to go to football matches caryy my guitar etc... :slayer: :) (y) :worship:

so there is basically 4 models, standerd, sport, shumacer, abarth?? cheers see i want one with tht spoiler in yellow and tht body kit also whats ur car?? tht red oNE? CHEEERS 4 HELP

They are limited edition, forget how many there are, something like 5000 if I remember right. Bear in mind the only differences are purely cosmetic and there's no extra performance to be had.

Sorry if I pissed on your fire a bit there in those previous posts, but I'm not going to lie and say they will beat whatever you come across! What I will say though is that they are very fun to drive, quite unique in that respect. They aren't dreary (how many fiestas do you see out and about, now go find a sei). Look after one and as with any other car it'll last long and do you proud. Only real gripe about the engines in these is the HG going after a while, otherwise they are pretty reliable.

When you want to start playing with it there's a whole host of things you can do for more power, although I would get at least a year under your belt for experience and insurance costs to come down.

edit: saw your post; lemme think how to organise this lol, erm

phase 1 seis are SPI
phase 2 seis are MPI, have the slightly different front bumper and headlights.

You've got the jist of the kit options.

Last edited:
so if i got a standerd sport could i get a shop to make me a spoiler like tht? and get some new wheels? also this abarth they easy to get hold off cheers

I'm not too clued up on the styling side of things. I think I've seen abarth replica kits you can buy at various shops. Would be easier and cheaper for you to find one with one already installed. Hopefully someone else will have some links for you.

If you want the abarth wheels

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/Unchained666/seicentosporting_l.jpg

like those ^ then defo buy one with them already on. Their pretty rare, crop up now and again on ebay though.

I'm not too clued up on the styling side of things. I think I've seen abarth replica kits you can buy at various shops. Would be easier and cheaper for you to find one with one already installed. Hopefully someone else will have some links for you.

If you want the abarth wheels

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/Unchained666/seicentosporting_l.jpg

like those ^ then defo buy one with them already on. Their pretty rare, crop up now and again on ebay though.
abarth kk am still confused so on this pic http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/Unchained666/seicentosporting_l.jpg its the sport with abarth kit and wheels? or shumacer cheers

Yes you can get aftermarket parts i.e. spoiler, skirts etc

Expect to pay top money for genuine second hand items items, replica parts are a bit cheaper and have been known not to be as good of a fit.

Hope the £2000 budget is taking into account your insurance as well

TBH I'm not even sure myself :p It's a sporting with an abarth kit, like mine, but the side strip is black. Maybe this is a phase 2 sei thing. The phase 1 seis have colour coded strips, like on mine it is red with blue strips. On black ones they have orange strips etc. Basically, back in '98, you could order your new sei sporting, and get an abarth kit factory-fitted.

The schumachers only came on the phase 2 seis, and have the front bumper with the big black slats. Also have MS plastered everywhere, and their own limited edition number on the doors and in the engine bay.

okkk last point what i want is thie siecnto in yellow with the spoiler those weels and body kit the sports model, now is tht classed as shumcaker or the abarth

kk i want one of them then. they easy to come across??? and how mcuh will i need?? see i got like 6 months but im looking now lol but u know on tht pic what does tht writing in read say? sporting? cheers 4 help

Back