General Newbie from Ayrshire, Scotland

Currently reading:
General Newbie from Ayrshire, Scotland

Hi there, my name is Cameron and I am 24 years old from Prestwick, in Ayrshire, I am on the lookout for a classic panda, and thought that it couldnt hurt to join the forum and learn more about them first!

I currently drive a Citroen C2 GT and am a member of c2club.co.uk but am looking to sell this to fund getting a panda (I have been looking at Tipo's and Unos as well) but I have my heart set on a panda. I have had 3 puntos in the past, and I love fiats generally lol :)

I have a question, when I have been shopping around some of the pandas have 4 seats and some have 5, I take it the lap belt must have been an optional extra on original sale? If so then can a lap belt be retrofitted?

And if anyone knows of any pandas for sale in scotland or with massive luck ayrshire then let me know lol :)

Last edited:
Firstly welcome...

Secondly they all have lap belts/5 seats..it's just the belts are usually tucked under the seat.

Thirdly, you just missed out on the best panda in Scotland. As well as the cheapest sold in a long time. By that I mean for a car in great condition. Check out the purple haze for sale thread..

Hi Cameron, welcome to the Classic Panda section. You are obviously a man of impeccable taste. (y)

Yeah, great shame you missed out on Purple Haze, but Pandas have a habit of being re-listed so keep an eye out.

Do you have any preference between 2wd or 4x4?

Hi Cameron, welcome to the Classic Panda section. You are obviously a man of impeccable taste. (y)

Yeah, great shame you missed out on Purple Haze, but Pandas have a habit of being re-listed so keep an eye out.

Do you have any preference between 2wd or 4x4?

thanks, I like to think I am lol ;)

I will defo be keeping an eye out! They dont seem to come up for sale in scotland much for some reason :(

I would prefer 2wd but If the right sisley came along I could be tempted lol :)

thanks for the welcome!

Good luck with the hunt, Cameron

Do you know what age / engine / spec you are after if 2WD?

eg. 903cc (pushrod), 750 fire, 999 fire, 1.1 selecta? Mk 1? Mk 2? (Mk 2.5?) We all have our favourites on here.

My ideal Panda would be a 750 carb'd with pov spec (an 'L') and twin sunnies...preferably in white.

Or a nice Colour.

Or a 4x4.

I could go on.

Well met and Welcome to the forum!

keep a look out here:
https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=109
you can also always set up an email reminder if a new for sale ad comes up too.
theres always ebay too and magazines / papers.

im quite happy as i have the car i have always wanted (right from as long as i can remember :D) which is my Sisley, Talon.

like Pandarus said, we all have our tastes when it comes to these little fantastic cars.

Good hunting. i hope you find one soon, and do be careful.. pandas have the habit of breeding. as well as causing some cases of madness and insanity. small price to pay :D

Good luck with the hunt, Cameron

Do you know what age / engine / spec you are after if 2WD?

eg. 903cc (pushrod), 750 fire, 999 fire, 1.1 selecta? Mk 1? Mk 2? (Mk 2.5?) We all have our favourites on here.

My ideal Panda would be a 750 carb'd with pov spec (an 'L') and twin sunnies...preferably in white.

Or a nice Colour.

Or a 4x4.

I could go on.

I would like (if I had my choice) a 903cc or 1000cc in blue or purple with twin sunnies :)

Well met and Welcome to the forum!

keep a look out here:
https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=109
you can also always set up an email reminder if a new for sale ad comes up too.
theres always ebay too and magazines / papers.

im quite happy as i have the car i have always wanted (right from as long as i can remember :D) which is my Sisley, Talon.

like Pandarus said, we all have our tastes when it comes to these little fantastic cars.

Good hunting. i hope you find one soon, and do be careful.. pandas have the habit of breeding. as well as causing some cases of madness and insanity. small price to pay :D

Thanks for the welcome! I check ebay and gumtree every day lol :) havent thought of magazines and papers tho! They dont seem to come up for sale in scotland much either so looks like I will have to travel lol :)

Im looking forward to being stricken with the pandamadness lol :)

hehe one simply does not suffer with pandamadness, one enjoys every minuet of it.
well apart from the times when things unexpectedly break. i think its called old car syndrome.

Hee hee yeah lol! I am currently reading through your entire thread, I shall comment at the end of it, very entertaining and im learning so far!

Back