The Starting Point:
cinq.jpg

The Current Spec:
- Full Genuine Abarth kit
- Sei abarth alloys with Contisport contact alloys
- 1108cc w/ 40mm tB, GSR, 75 Cam, EON2 plugs, KV85 Leads, McCritch Chip
- CSC center section and janspeed backbox
- lowered 40mm on Bilstein kit
- Tinted windows all round (light smokes front, medium rear)
- Powerflex bushes all round with new front arms and trackrods w/ new steering rack
- Punto GT wannabe brakes @ front (bravo solids), fully refurbed rear brakes, new master cylinder
- Punto GT center console modded to fit the cinq, ready to accept the car PC screen facia
- Yellow colour coding interior
- Integrated GPS and PDA
- 12" kenwood sub mated to a monster kenwood amp, Vibe QB6'9s (soon to go), Kicker front components, Sony headunit

Now im on the final stretch of my computing degree and on the verge of starting my career, money wont be as much of a problem from the summer onwards, so the real work will start then :devil:

The plans:
- Remove the dents and badges/locks
- Smooth in Sei door handles
- Replace rust spot under windscreen + new windscreen
- Make facia to fit car PC (*groans*, it will get done eventually!)
- Paint all dash and console black
- Re-spray in Sei Gun Metal Grey
- Fit a 1242 16v engine (with ported head, balanced block, reprofiled cams, increased CR, knife edge crank, inlet work and custom mapping)
- Fit sei abarth seats
- Trim roof lining
- Re-colour code interior parts & replacing lighting
- Rear disk conversion
- Fit braided flexi brakepipes
- Repair slightly leaky fuel tank
- Fit a new better alarm
- Amp front components

So a busy road ahead :) :slayer: :devil:

Re: New Year, New Plans

Shame its gona loose the authenticity of being a yellow cinq, but you've chosen a decent colour for the respray. Just hope you arent gona be left with yellow interior panls etc, as that looks awful IMO But the rest of your plans sound awesome - another thread to look forward to!

Jordan

Shame its gona loose the authenticity of being a yellow cinq, but you've chosen a decent colour for the respray. Just hope you arent gona be left with yellow interior panls etc, as that looks awful IMO But the rest of your plans sound awesome - another thread to look forward to!

Jordan

Yea thats the dilemma, loose the authentic cinq yellow. but then ive always loved the gun metal grey from the sei, and since it was never available in the cinq i had to settle second best when choosing my cinq abarth... Its still a cento abarth colour though ;) :p

And of course it wont be yellow in the inside ;) Im doing the respray myself so stripping it to a shell before painting isnt much of an issue. engine bay will be included also (though im going to do that satin black just incase i change my mind again as can stay black in the bay - makes it look neater and cleaner IMO. Will also try to dye the current carpets or make/get made a set of black carpets :)

Oh well, thats ok then! Gona be a very smart little car when its finished. Sounds smart as it is now even as i cant tell much from the one picture but looks great in that with the abarth front, best kit for them (y) Hurry up and get started on things man!

Jordan

Hmm, i will to start with but ultimately i want a unique colour on my cinq that still retains a more standard look (otherwise id spray it some larey colour or do a special paintjob like 2 or 3 tone). If i miss it too much, i can always spray it again or spray my second car yellow (as i still need to choose a colour for it)

Good luck Luke!

P.s Post lots and lots of pictures of your progress!

Luke

Id keep it yellow. It looks brilliant. Your new colour will be nice but why bother when yours is that good already. Time, effort, cost? You are blessed with a beast already.

Cinqster355

Luke

Id keep it yellow. It looks brilliant. Your new colour will be nice but why bother when yours is that good already. Time, effort, cost? You are blessed with a beast already.

Cinqster355

It needs a full respray anyway (especially after removing dents and badges then fitting sei handles), so its not that much difference if i keep the same colour or change it. just means i have to strip the interior (which i'll probably be doing anyway to retrim the carpets etc) so to change the colour inside isnt that much of a biggie :) I do admit it looks nice it yellow, and a do love the colour, but i want something different thats all...

Anyways, the paint job is last on the list, need to get the mechanicals all sorted first otherwise i'll only risk damaging the paint when playing engines :(

White with red detailing before I do one!

Liam

lol, funnily enough white was originally on my short list of colours :) only trouble i have with that is they get dirty too quickly round my way with all the building works surrounding me.

I also had orange, but Gaz has that now, plus my dads kitcar is orange.
kawasaki green - nice colour but too jap for the italian styling really.

doh, you've all got me thinking about whehter i want to get rid of the yellow now :bang:

I've got a similar gecko in my Uno :D

Not sure about the colour mate. That yellow is just great in my most humble opinion and suites it fine. Although then the gunmetal grey is a nice colour as well. Difficult decision! :bang:

After those pics - you gotta leave it yellow! If your gona deffnately respray it, maybe mould the abarth kit into the bumpers, but thats what id do, gorgeous alloys, best they made for the seicentos, bit like smaller stilo claw alloys really. That does look perfect in those pics!

Jordan

Back