New Wheels

Currently reading:
New Wheels

D

Dave

i got some alloys of insy and i sprayed them black, what do you think :D well chuffed!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v717/sp33d12/?action=view¤t=24122008025.flv

P241208_1122.jpg

26122008332.jpg

included a vid too :D my lil bro filmed it :)

SIGBOO.jpg

Project 350bhp well and truely on its way

Good job but I still don't think they suit the car. I think it's because the colour of the claws went with the handles and these don't, it's looks like a mish-mash of comflicted styles plus the wheels themself aren't that nice.

looks ok......

Should have use a brush tho ;)

lol :)

style5,TommyK.png

signeon-1.jpg

Come Join the 5 pot club! Almost standard Mk1 HGT 75k - 35mpg!! For Sale :(

I think that looks well nice "menacing" the handles stick out a little but still look good of their own merit!

Good job

Stu

Have to say I still dislike them :)

Longest Serving BOO Member
sig2.jpg

Bravo: Nov 01 80SX / 75,000 miles
Coupe: Feb 97 20V N/A / 135,000 miles

harsh :(

each to their own i guess lol, i personally dont like the claws hence their for sale.

i do like these tho and yeah may not be to everyones taste but they look alot better than they do in that pic, but thanks for the input anyway :)

SIGBOO.jpg

Love the reflexes

Hey dave, love what uve done to the reflexes, ive got same tsw's on my brava, was thinking of respraying mine white.I think you need to lower yours, get black handles and repeaters to finish yours off.

cheers fella, it is lowered, the springs havn't settled back yet :) its -40mm

SIGBOO.jpg

I'm reiterating the the shear epic failage of the selling of the claws in favour of those up there, it's a kick in the proverbial balls for Bravo styling :(

Claws are out dated in style

Ive never understood the value put on claw alloys, they are quite sharp in design, they really dont compliment the curvy bravo/a design at all.

Normally I'd agree with that synopsis but in this occasion I think those claws work. The main problem I have with those alloys above is the colour (should be silver to match the handles) and the style (the spokes are too thick) not necessarily that they're not claws.

Dave, although I dislike them, fair play to you on your respray and putting your own mark on the HGT.

If I had kept the wheels, I would have wanted a respray (prolly wouldn't have gone black mind you) as I wasn't keen on the particular shade of silver.

If you're happy, thats all that matters.

Looking at the car, the handles do stand out a bit now. Is there anything that can be done to either tone them down or get them to tie in with something else? Or shall I just shut up? :)

Longest Serving BOO Member
sig2.jpg

Bravo: Nov 01 80SX / 75,000 miles
Coupe: Feb 97 20V N/A / 135,000 miles

lol i might do them black or gun metal grey or something, and gonna get smoked repeaters.

SIGBOO.jpg

i actually like em :)
i had dark grey/black blade alloys at one point on Scratchy
BGT3.jpg

3rd set of alloys if i remember rightly too, even ended up havin a black bonnet, i`d say go with what you want to do with it mate

i have noticed the above opinions are harsh but just ignore em, i did when i did things with Scratchy, ie, black bonnet etc

rob_sig_BOO.jpg

Bravo GT Status: Kinda missin havin a Bravo :(
My Bravo, Scratchy

Those dark wheels work on your car because it's a dark colour Rob, even if it does have a piggy nose :) lol

black wheels work on light coloured cars too...

sp33d12

also white cars(cant get brighter than that) with black wheels looks awsome.

lp560-4full.jpg

ect..

SIGBOO.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

bloody pic didnt work

SIGBOO.jpg