General New USA Abarth Ad - Do you think it is Hot?

Currently reading:
General New USA Abarth Ad - Do you think it is Hot?

At 1:40 you can see that she switches the wipers on by mistake.

(A rather less erotic way to move unwanted fluids than in the "latte" advert....)

more Catrinel!

That was a nice find.(y)
Did find a reference to it over the pond on the fiat500owners site. Noticed that the Abarth Vernon 200bhp featured has a lot of bits to spruce up the standard model but no gearbox upgrade :eek: - I wonder how long it will last given the extra power.

more Catrinel!

In case anyone is wondering – I didn’t find the link below– it found me. I had a thread on the AF on the 155TB and it got posted on it with a member claiming that it was ‘spam’ (which it is).

It combines the ‘last’ clip and the latte bit which some on here seemed to have liked !

Motor Trend enjoys the fact that the 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth has a Romanian-Italian supermodel as a spokeswoman; however, it likes the attractive style, surprising pop and exceptional stability control even more. The skinny on the Motor Trend Fiat 500 Abarth test drive.A lot of technology and amusement is around for it. It is a very sporty vehicle. It has a fantastic style that people love. You can expect several features in the car. This involves things like air conditioning and cruisecontrol. You are able to also get leather upholstery and a sunroof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B67gSelnGgw

Last edited:
Though you guys might like the latest USA fiat ad. Same guy from Seduction but he must have bought a Pop. I think the female voice over is our favorite lady in red....

Plus here's a link to an AdAge article on the new Fiat Ad.

Fiat's's got a new 30-second commercial for its 500 hatchback, and, as with most Fiat's spots of late, it stars a real babe.

Baby, actually.

The precious blonde strapped into a car seat in the back of the racy red 500 coupe, dripping cuteness, gets the kicker line in the ad as well. It's borrowed from this year's Super Bowl "Seduction" ad for the Fiat's Abarth, in which the striking Romanian model Catrinel Menghia says to a nerdy onlooker, "Che cosa guardi?" which translates to "What are you looking at?"

Created by Chrysler agency Doner , Detroit, "Baby" began running Wednesday on local and network TV. Doner also did creative for the latest Abarth "House Arrest" ad that features Charlie Sheen as a wild man driving a car around a mansion stocked with women, though the original spot with Ms. Menghia was created by Richards Group, Dallas.

The premise of "Baby" is that two guys, off to a sporting event, get stuck minding the baby because "it was girls' night out." Their car pulls up next to another driven by an older man -- is it our imagination, or does he look a little like Clint Eastwood? -- who stares at the child. She glares back, makes the classic Italian thumb-against-fingers gesture, and asks, "Che cosa guardi?" The spot closes with a female voice-over: "Let your Italian out."

Ciao

Though you guys might like the latest USA fiat ad. Same guy from Seduction but he must have bought a Pop. I think the female voice over is our favorite lady in red....

Thank you for that. Enjoyed the ad. Has traits of Clint Eastwood's 'Grand Torino'. It seems that Fiat US recognise that the 500 is being bought by men who remember the original small fiats and might be tempted to trade in their fuel guzzler. I tried with my dad on his Lexus but he ended up getting a small car with no character. None of those pictured in the ad would look out of place in a 500. That Sport model would go down well here. Hopefully Europe will get that particular model.(y)

Saw this in the U.S this week, made me chuckle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=jjYxE2VD7VE

Spike

Good to see the ad again particularly with Catrinel Menghia in it. Venters beat you to it about 3 weeks ago. :)

Came across a nice comparison between the US A500 and the 500 Sport model - some interesting performance figures. The All season Contis let down the car on the Slalom test - but it doesn't appear to have affected the braking in comparison with the A500 - note the 60-0 and the A500 was shod with Pirellis !
Also - the Traction control affects the performance figures. I did notice in the 500 1.4 that when it was 'off' it was faster - the test figures illustrate the differences.
http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2012/03/il-track-tested-2012-fiat-500-sport-vs-2012-fiat-500-abarth.html

Boost figure given on the link below on the A500 runs to 18psi ! and is dropped another 15mm compared with the Sport (which I think is dropped another 10mm compared with the Pop/Lounge). Shocks changed to Konis.
http://www.heritage.com/articles/2012/03/18/belleville_view/news/doc4f63940c852b1462504912.txt

Last edited:
The old Panda commercials spring-to-mind …

I enjoyed the 2nd one with his Dad having a hard time keeping a straight face.
Reminds me of a former colleague boss of mine who 'borrowed' his Dad's Cortina. He went down to a local beach with a few mates to do a few doughnuts before it got 'blocked off'. He hosed the car down to get rid of the 'evidence' but forgot to lift the bonnet to do the engine bay. Needless to say - he never got the keys again and had to get his own car.

Last edited:

The last time that I saw that was when 'Miss Sunshine' was looking at a Pink 500 and I didn't fully understand the significance of it :eek: - until I looked it up.:)
It will have to be one for the Abbreviations Sticky (Hope AlexGS hasn't forgotten ;)).

Noticed one of the 'feedback comments' on the clips was that they wouldn't dream of buying the NA A500 unless it came with Catrinel.:cool:
A group buy on that jacket might go down well. :idea: :slayer:

Attachments

• Abarth Jacket.jpg
    Abarth Jacket.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 18
The last time that I saw that was when 'Miss Sunshine' was looking at a Pink 500 and I didn't fully understand the significance of it :eek: - until I looked it up.:)
It will have to be one for the Abbreviations Sticky (Hope AlexGS hasn't forgotten ;)).

;)
Actually it didn't seem like an abbreviation to me, and seemed perfectly understandable?

Meanwhile, today's mystery acronym (there really is one every day for me!) is - SOL.
Found in a post from 306maxi, it caused me only a brief moment of confusion before I guessed it stands for "**** out of luck". Like many TLAs, it isn't actually three words...

Cheers,
-Alex

Last edited:
;)
Actually it didn't seem like an abbreviation to me, and seemed perfectly understandable?

Meanwhile, today's mystery acronym (there really is one every day for me!) is - SOL.
Found in a post from 306maxi, it caused me only a brief moment of confusion before I guessed it stands for "**** out of luck". Like many TLAs, it isn't actually three words...

Cheers,
-Alex
Well you're hardly going to type SOoL are you :p Plus it could be **** outta luck ;)

Back