General New USA Abarth Ad - Do you think it is Hot?

Currently reading:
General New USA Abarth Ad - Do you think it is Hot?

rtwolfe

I don't think this has been posted elsewhere. USA Fiat fans think this is the best Fiat ad, best car ad, ever

The Italian Model is [ame="http://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&q=Catrinel%EF%BB%BF+Menghia+wiki&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1040&bih=754&sei=5snFTsn_Aers2gWlmoWhCQ"]Catrinel Menghia[/ame]

The song is Smokescreen by Willis

I expect we will see a lot of Abarth's sold in the States.

Ciao

Yes, on so many levels. And equally brilliantly spoofed by NTNOCN. Just a pity they didn't have the budget to crash a Strada and had to use footage of a Vauxhall!

NTNOCN - Fiat - Built by Robots - YouTube

Good advertising is sadly a lost art. To be fair the Abarth advert is quite a decent one if a bit long winded in my opinion and a little lax in terms of showing the car, but it's a decent enough advert. Better than the Jennifer Lopez one by a mile.

Another fantastic advert

Good advertising is sadly a lost art. To be fair the Abarth advert is quite a decent one if a bit long winded in my opinion and a little lax in terms of showing the car, but it's a decent enough advert. Better than the Jennifer Lopez one by a mile.

Another fantastic advert

Saab 9000 Turbo Advert - YouTube

Not sure it is lost - it is just that most adverts are mediocre - but then they always have been. Here is a current one which is jaw-droppingly good:

Another fantastic advert

Saab 9000 Turbo Advert - YouTube

And all done without CGI trickery too!

I think the standard wheels on the north American Abarth are going to be the By Diesel wheels but painted black.

I think the standard wheels on the north American Abarth are going to be the By Diesel wheels but painted black.
Everything I've seen has pointed towards the Essessseeessseeeeessesesese wheels being the standard wheels. Which would make sense tbh.

Here is a photo of one..

attachment.php

Here is a photo of one..

attachment.php
Interesting. Doesn't work that well if you ask me. With 500 sales tanking in the USA I think Fiat had to pull the stops out and give people as attractive a package as possible and IMHO the 17" essesse wheels would have gone some way to doing that.

Yes it looks a load better with the SS wheels. That may not be a production model.

Yes it looks a load better with the SS wheels. That may not be a production model.

The fiat 500 is considered a toy in the USA. It will never sell as well as Europe. I guess as long as it beats Smart and Mini Cooper sales it is doing well as these are the only cars its competing with, and lets be honest hte Mini Cooper is more luxurious inside by far.

If you can get a huge car for the same price as the Fiat 500 in the states, which one would most people go for?

The fiat 500 is considered a toy in the USA. It will never sell as well as Europe. I guess as long as it beats Smart and Mini Cooper sales it is doing well as these are the only cars its competing with, and lets be honest hte Mini Cooper is more luxurious inside by far.

If you can get a huge car for the same price as the Fiat 500 in the states, which one would most people go for?

People in Europe can get bigger cars for the same price as a 500.

There is no chance that the Abarth will beat the Mini Cooper in terms of sales. The Mini Cooper is a class above the 500 Abarth

Back