New to the forum

Currently reading:
New to the forum

b_e_e_r87

<font face="Times New Roman">Hey folks, my name is Jamie. I am new on the driving scene, just passed a couple of days ago [^]. My first car is a cinquecento sporting, I have just added a K&N. Any reccomendations to get me started on the tuning front? Just thought i should introduce myself :D</font id="Times New Roman">

as your nickname sugests i hope you dont mix driveing with it or you will loose it faster than you got it, beware you dont invalidate your insurence when modding best to walk first than jump into the fast lane and get your noclaims up first, good luck of your future behind the wheel and your first car is a good choice welcome and all the best[8D]

1.6 elx 16v my baby

On the topic of insurance, how much can i expect it to go up over the year? are we talking a £20 increase or something more substantial?

My insurance company dont even mind about minor engine mods (eg k&n filter, exhaust system etc..) Its only wen the engine gets changed they start to worry and the premium goes up.

What do u mean go up over the year?

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK (full s/s system fitted!)

oh sorry the tuning- definately go for a stainless exhaust system. ive just had one fitted yesterday and the noise!! i asked for it to sound loud but not like a vauxhal nova with burberry trim, and it growls!!! Also improves performance noticably aswell- but forget mpg.....

insurence i would say your about right on the increase but who really knows and as for exausts yes go for the stainless its the life of it your considering not the performance and also remember there is a big difference between standard stainless exausts and performance type which will effect your insurence

1.6 elx 16v my baby

oh i know what hes considering i was there once you know, but then again it wasnt that important then as it is now, the insurence only want one excuse not to pay out and you give them it on a plate "its the american way" m8 as we all should know by now;)

1.6 elx 16v my baby

yeah ok i ws considering the life, but i wanted the noise/performance more and as i said some insurance companies are 'easy going' in terms of mods. luckily mine are :D with my mods declared to them- the premium didnt even increase with alloys fitted.... (frizell insurance btw)

but at least you told them and that the way to go, but i know how you feel its not right see in my early days i had a jag which did 155 mph with no mods and it cost peanuts to insure it and the feds didnt give a toss what you did, now its all changed - sad really

1.6 elx 16v my baby

Welcome to the forum beer..

What insurence company are u with wolfrace?

NewSig3.jpg

CIS do a similer thing with the insurance, if the engine capacity doesnt change and you dont try and make the car something its not, i.e. turning it into a nova look-a-like they dont care wot u do to it aslong as there informed.

so u may be able to blag a turbo or NOS system cause the engine capacity will still stay the same

gaz_wrexham_sig.jpg

Seicento Sporting, Modified Front Bumper, Saxo Custom Spoiler, Abarth Side Skirts, Bad Boy Bonnet, Afterburner Rear Lenses, 4" Powerflow Exhaust System, Abarth 14" Alloys.
IN THE PIPELINE:
-40mm Drop or Coilovers, New Front Bumper, Rear Splitter, New Mirrors (Not the cup ones[xx(], something different)

Check out my site http://badboygaz.mysite.freeserve.com​
FIATForum stickers available PM me for details or see: https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10000

I'm with CIS too. I never knew that! hehe.

Smurfhead - would trade as Gaz but bit confusing with another guy with the same car on here with the same name. lol

Seicento Sporting (2001)

How easy going are insurance companies if they find out about a mod? will they just bill you for it if you crash or will it void the insurance?

If you claim and they find out you'd made a mod without declaring it they will quite happily void your insurance and refuse to pay you a penny.

"The new rules are very simple, the FIA will keep them to themselves until such a time as Ferrari needs them" Patrick Head

http://www.geocities.com/drpepperdionysus

Back