General New Tipo owner

Currently reading:
General New Tipo owner

SX_man

Hi there..

Just thought I'd introduce myself

Well i've just brought a new Tipo 1.6 SX at auction, very cheaply

Come from a mk3 fiesta, and by comparison, it is amazing! :D
It has all the toys, goes like stink and is comfortable to boot.

Just having a few disagreements with the 70k gearbox at the moment tho:D

Seb

there great cars, i picked myself up the 2.0 16v Sedicivalvole (ltd edition) for £250, it WAS a dog, but after replacing nearly all major components, and a tiny bit of welding, i thought i was ready for its first mot in 3 years, then the engine decided to develop the worst knock ever, and yup, big end bearings on cylinder 4 were completely disentergrated, blocks stipped and ready for renovation now.

Just need to find a service manual for the 2.0 16v, and so far i havent had too much luck!

for all reading this wondering what a sedici looks like go here! -> http://www.tipo16v.co.uk/

well u got it cheap, they're excellent cars as you say but they need a lot of attention

I was lucky having paid 160 for mine, it needs a few parts and the white body work has a couple of niggles. I think this put people off bidding for it, and as fewer, impulse-orientated buyers were there at the end of the auction i managed to get myself a bargain.

It is 'L' reg and has 70k

engine is fine and nippy, could do with some degreaser

gearbox is very sensitive and will pop out of gear, and a section of the exhaust is blowing rather loudly!

Bodywork fine apart from the paint, which needs t-cutting and a good wax for real depth. Also needs a white colour coded-mirror, and a new indicator.

The interior is good, perhaps a bit tatty but nothing that cant be fixed. Needs a parcel shelf

By the way if you or anyone knows of any decent brakers for my wing mirror, indicator and parcel shelf near to kent, could you let me know?

Good luck with the engine rebuild

Cheers

Seb

Sx man see TAD about gear problem, most previous owners get rid of these cars if the gearbox starts to jump out of gear,does it do it going around roundabouts, if it does you need to clean and grease the bulkhead mount between gearbox and gearleaver,happy motoring,Kev.

well it does it on corners, over bumps, sometimes when there's too much torque for it.

with this in mind do you still think the same solution you described in Tad's thread would apply?

Back