Technical New Subwoofer, amp, speakers and head unit

Currently reading:
Technical New Subwoofer, amp, speakers and head unit

TimTom

If anyone needs any help doing any of this i’m happy to help because there’s not great information out there and certainly not enough!

i’ve got 08 grande punto btw

What are the best options for a good sound system in the GP? I already have a head unit from Xtrons specific to the car model. I just basically need speakers, amp and subwoofer.

it doesn’t really matter what speakers and stuff you get for what car.

What are the best options for a good sound system in the GP? I already have a head unit from Xtrons specific to the car model. I just basically need speakers, amp and subwoofer.
i’m using a pioneer a6704 4 channel with jl audio cl650 components currently looking for a sub as the one i was going to get doesn’t ship to uk

Hi,

Could you tell me how to connect my Sony head unit (MEX-4000BT) to the steering wheel radio control buttons on my 2006 GP 1.4?
It has a blue remote control socket on the rear which I believe accepts a 3.5mm jack.

Thx,

Mark

Hi,

Could you tell me how to connect my Sony head unit (MEX-4000BT) to the steering wheel radio control buttons on my 2006 GP 1.4?
It has a blue remote control socket on the rear which I believe accepts a 3.5mm jack.

Thx,

i bought a connects4 kit but it doesn’t work properly so i don’t know tbh.

£65 + cost of the cable!

Thanks for that I'll look into these adaptors.

you don’t need any cable with the adaptors let me know if you get one and it works properly though.
Which connects2 adapter model did you have and what didn't work properly?

It looks like you wire these adaptors in between the radio output and vehicle speaker wiring.
If your head unit has a socket at the back for a remote control why do you need an adaptor which connect into the radio outputs?
You're just connecting existing buttons to a radio which is designed for them?

Which connects2 adapter model did you have and what didn't work properly?

It looks like you wire these adaptors in between the radio output and vehicle speaker wiring.
If your head unit has a socket at the back for a remote control why do you need an adaptor which connect into the radio outputs?
You're just connecting existing buttons to a radio which is designed for them?
just search up your model of car and then connects2, the adapter connects to the factory headunits plug then connects to the new head unit. The remote control wire your talking about isn’t actually a remote control it’s a wire that tells the headunit to turn off and on (you do this by wiring it to something that only has power when car is on like the cigarette lighter)

just search up your model of car and then connects2, the adapter connects to the factory headunits plug then connects to the new head unit. The remote control wire your talking about isn’t actually a remote control it’s a wire that tells the headunit to turn off and on (you do this by wiring it to something that only has power when car is on like the cigarette lighter)
Well, doesn't the ignition switched 12v supply on the radio connector already tell it when to turn on & off?
My radio 16 pin connector pinout doesn't have any terminals for volume control, source control, track control, mute - I guess the adaptor can do volume control and mute also perhaps mobile phone feed/loud speaker.
But how does it control the radio source (SRC) and track skip forward/reverse & radio present up/down (tune fwd/rev) if it doesn't have a way to input those control inputs into the headunit?

Well, doesn't the ignition switched 12v supply on the radio connector already tell it when to turn on & off?
My radio 16 pin connector pinout doesn't have any terminals for volume control, source control, track control, mute - I guess the adaptor can do volume control and mute also perhaps mobile phone feed/loud speaker.
But how does it control the radio source (SRC) and track skip forward/reverse & radio present up/down (tune fwd/rev) if it doesn't have a way to input those control inputs into the headunit?
not sure what you mean

not sure what you mean
ok before you read the full reply below - where is the signal from the steering wheel buttons fed to?
So you press the volume down button - where is that input sent to - down a dedicated wire on the wiring loom somewhere OR to the car computer?

The 16 pin connector coming out of the radio into the vehicle wiring loom doesn't have any (input) pins for what the steering wheel buttons do. All outputs are just for speakers +/-, aerial & amplifier signal and power in. So they are just power or analogue signals.
So how does connecting an 'adapter' in between them and the vehicle wiring loom suddenly make the head unit capable of responding to commands from the steering wheel buttons?
You would need an input for every button on the steering wheel going into the radio so it knows what to do when you press that button.

If the steering wheel buttons have an interface which is sending a digital signal then this can be over just 2/3 wires and plugging just this into the 'remote control' socket on the back of the head unit should be all that is required as long as the car and radio are using the same control interface.

ok before you read the full reply below - where is the signal from the steering wheel buttons fed to?
So you press the volume down button - where is that input sent to - down a dedicated wire on the wiring loom somewhere OR to the car computer?

The 16 pin connector coming out of the radio into the vehicle wiring loom doesn't have any (input) pins for what the steering wheel buttons do. All outputs are just for speakers +/-, aerial & amplifier signal and power in. So they are just power or analogue signals.
So how does connecting an 'adapter' in between them and the vehicle wiring loom suddenly make the head unit capable of responding to commands from the steering wheel buttons?
You would need an input for every button on the steering wheel going into the radio so it knows what to do when you press that button.

If the steering wheel buttons have an interface which is sending a digital signal then this can be over just 2/3 wires and plugging just this into the 'remote control' socket on the back of the head unit should be all that is required as long as the car and radio are using the same control interface.
mate my advice would be go read what the connects2 box does or email them they’ll explain it to you. the buttons on the steering wheel were able to control the old headunit so they can ofc control new head unit not every button can be controlled by the steering wheel tho obviously it’s just the ones on the wheel

my connects 2 works now i just had a lose connection at the back

Back