Stilo New Stilo Owner

Currently reading:
Stilo New Stilo Owner

pleck

Just recently purchased a 2004 plate 1.6 active with 95 on the clock. Fell in love with the car as soon as I saw it but the seller was less than honest with me (Always seems to be the case) advertised it as 3 months left on mot but 3 days was more accurate , I know my fault for not checking.
Anyway just put her through the mot and had a full service. £750 later and a Cambelt change to come to be on the safe side , and I'm more determined than ever to get her ship-shape again.
I'll probably need a lot of advice when trying to sort out the little niggles but she appears to run well so I intend to remain positive and with a little tlc who knows.

Hi Pleck. Just joined myself last week after buying a 1.2 Stilo. Lucky mine came with a almost FSH so the belt was done. Well I hope so or its about to snap at 45k :D

I'm not as sensible as you. no service history with mine at all. At least when I get everything done I'll not have any shocks in the future. Well I hope not anyway.

Thanks for you're positive responses , I'm feeling more encouraged already.
Picked up a new timing kit and used but good condition pair of rear coil springs from e-bay today so things are on the up. Hopefully now just the little niggles to sort out as I come across them.

Are the coil springs that expensive that you had to go 2nd hand? I tend to go to partco or eurocarparts for mine. Paid around 20 quid for my front pug diesel one.

Paid £20 for the pair and they look in quite good nick. Normally I would have gone for new, but spent so much recently thought I'd try to save a penny or two.

Back