Styling New Speakers

Currently reading:
Styling New Speakers

RStalbow

I am thinking of getting new speakers in my Punto 5 door MK2.

The speakers that are in there currently are the standard onces. They have the yellow connection on the end.

If i was to buy some branded speakers such as Pionner or Alpine would they also have the same yellow connection so i could just plug them in and they will work?

RStalbow said:
I am thinking of getting new speakers in my Punto 5 door MK2.

The speakers that are in there currently are the standard onces. They have the yellow connection on the end.

If i was to buy some branded speakers such as Pionner or Alpine would they also have the same yellow connection so i could just plug them in and they will work?

I don't think so. Think you'd have to cut off the yellow connectors and use standard speaker connectors

That is correct, you will need to snip off the old yellow connector and then the wires are ready for re-use, just don't forget to write down which is positive and which is negative first :p

You might struggle to find speakers shalow enough to fit in the hole as the absolute maximum depth is 7cm. Might I recommend that you try and source speakers that are around 5-6cm deep. I had to pay out a lot of money to find decent quality comps that would fit (£180), but saying that I am an audiophile and you can get speakers that although they won't be anywhere near as good, will fit in the shallow depth avaliable.

Hope this more than answers your question.

Dave

Is the 7cm depth the same for all puntos ?

As I have some GT pods on my 55sx, and cant find out how deep the gt pods go :(

I don't have a mk1 so I can't tell you without size specifications and neither does the person who originally posted the thread. You might be better off making your own thread rather than sending this one off-topic.

Dave

Back